No announcement yet.

Granderson Out 10 Weeks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Yankees can find a LH bat to platoon with Diaz while Granderson is out, IMO that would be the best arrangement. If they can't...well, the prospect of Diaz or Rivera playing full-time (or, frankly, against any right-handers) will have all Yankee haters grinning.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

IMO the Yanks are gonna stick with what they have..............until someone better gets waived in a roster crunch at the end of ST.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

So what does all this speculation do to fantasy owners? If you own Granderson are you keeping him? Or will you try to trade him. Or if no takers will you drop him. If you drop him will you try to get him back cheaper?

If you do not own Granderson, will you try to trade for him? If he is back in the auction will you try to buy him cheap? What is cheap?

Comment

I would say that I would know off 30% right off the bat, knowing that he'll miss almost 2 months of the regular season, not to mention he'll have to get at least 50 AB's to come close to getting his timing down. Not a big fan anyway, but I'd buy at the right price, so I won't get him. Because someone will certainly outbid me.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

The problem here to me is that all Grandy has now is power and now that he has this forearm break which makes me highly doubt we are going to see that plus-power from him for awhile. Then, you factor in a "10-week" schedule to return and you can almost bet it will be longer before he returns. And as Hornsby said, it will take him a bit to get his groove back.

I'm not bothering with him in '13.
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Wouldn't the Yanks love to have Ibanez instead of Hafner now. Could throw Ibanez in LF for 6 weeks and make Nunez the full time DH.
              I still think the best bet is to use the next 6 weeks of ST to prep Nunez for LF. The problem with him previously moving around is that he never got a chance to settle into any one position. He certainly failed at all positions when they tried to make a utility man out of him. But if everyone knows that he will be in LF for the next 10 weeks, it has a chance to work. And Nunuz only has to reach the height of Juan Rivera's defensive level. That's certainly not out of reach for anybody.

Comment

Yanks don't have any AA or AAA outfielders with any promise they could roll with for a while? I'd rather give someone a shot that trudge Rivera out there six days a week.

If not, I could see them working out a minor trade at the end of spring for someone's 5th/6th of type.

Comment

Mason Williams and Tyler Austin are just too young.

Comment

Damon is begging the Yanks' to sign him for the MLB minimum. Not sure if they should, though. Can he be sufficiently better offensively than Rivera or Diaz to make up for the liability on defense?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      Damon is begging the Yanks' to sign him for the MLB minimum. Not sure if they should, though. Can he be sufficiently better offensively than Rivera or Diaz to make up for the liability on defense?
                      Pass.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        So what does all this speculation do to fantasy owners? If you own Granderson are you keeping him? Or will you try to trade him. Or if no takers will you drop him. If you drop him will you try to get him back cheaper?

If you do not own Granderson, will you try to trade for him? If he is back in the auction will you try to buy him cheap? What is cheap?
                        Bump.

Comment

The key question if you try to get him on the cheap---is it for 2013 value or moving forward? If it's for 2014, remember that his numbers are gonna take a hit wherever he goes, away from the Bronx.

For 2013 I woould assume a 25% loss of value related to playing time, and an additional 15% loss of production when he returns as he likely won't be 100%.
                          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                            The key question if you try to get him on the cheap---is it for 2013 value or moving forward? If it's for 2014, remember that his numbers are gonna take a hit wherever he goes, away from the Bronx.

For 2013 I woould assume a 25% loss of value related to playing time, and an additional 15% loss of production when he returns as he likely won't be 100%.
                            Looking like a 33% loss of value. I'd say a return the week of May 21st, and a full return to value the 1st week of June.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Looking like a 33% loss of value. I'd say a return the week of May 21st, and a full return to value the 1st week of June.
                              Seems like the Yankees have a bit more agressive plan in place than Ed does...

Curtis Granderson takes indoor BP
                              Curtis Granderson, CF, NYY
                              by Jeff Lippman | CBSSports.com

(04/24/13) Yankees outfielder Curtis Granderson took indoor batting practice Wednesday for the first time, the Newark Star-Ledger reports. Granderson is a few days away from taking batting practice outdoors.
                              Once Granderson is able to complete outdoor BP, he'll be just a few days away from returning to games.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi declined to place a definitive timetable on Granderson's return Tuesday as the slugger is still at least two or three weeks away from joining the team.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Seems like the Yankees have a bit more agressive plan in place than Ed does...
                                ???

If he returns to the Yanks in 3 weeks, that's May 14th. Is that so far off from "the week of May 21st?"

Comment

Working...
                                X