2k13: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Eric Kratz, who was hot the last few weeks, tore his meniscus and needs surgery and is likely gone until September.
    Maybe we'll see Tommy Joseph at some point before September.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Darren Daulton has two brain tumors (one inoperable).

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Darren Daulton has two brain tumors (one inoperable).

http://nbcphiladelphia.csnphilly.com...o-brain-tumors
        "Dutch" Daulton is one crazy dude. Good crazy, the kind of nut you love to have around because he means no harm, does little harm, and keeps things going. He was and is never dull. Here's hoping he recovers and goes on believing in all that weird stuff.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Waving at a 3-2 pitch in the dirt with two men on screams "hot" to me, sure.
          Young 4-for-4 tonight, all singles. As is the fate of a #6 batter, no runs scored. As is the fate of a #6 hitter whose #4 hitter is 0/4 and whose #5 hitter's only hit was a solo homer, no RBIs, either. Young is now at .250.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            "Dutch" Daulton is one crazy dude. Good crazy, the kind of nut you love to have around because he means no harm, does little harm, and keeps things going. He was and is never dull. Here's hoping he recovers and goes on believing in all that weird stuff.
            Tumors, even when they are first forming and not diagnosed, can have unusual effects on brain chemistry. Is "believing in that weird stuff" a side effect of the tumors? I guess it would depend on when he started believing in that stuff.

Comment

Daulton does a nightly radio show during the baseball season here. He is great to listen to. Very upbeat usually, tells lots of stories. I hope he comes through this okay.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Almost everything that comes out of Amaro's mouth in public is not actually what he's thinking.

The surgeon got both of Daulton's tumors, so let's hope for the best. His radio show is indeed great.

Comment

Erik or other Philly phollowers: Likelihood of getting traded: Utley? Young? Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                    Erik or other Philly phollowers: Likelihood of getting traded: Utley? Young? Who else?
                    Just my guess...

Papelbon > Young > Utley > Lee > Rollins

Although I'm not sure how interested anyone is in Young.

Comment

My list in order of likelihood is Young, Papelbon, Utley, Rollins, Lee. I don't see Amaro conceding that the team needs to be blown up. Young is the only one that I'm reasonably sure will go.

Comment

Jonathan Pettibone was spectacular, But Chase Utley is, was, and always will be the man. And tonight, with one diving play, he showed he is still the soul of this franchise.
                        "Chase Utley" pregame speech here:
                        Chase Utley made a play that saved the game. We've seen it a thousand times, but tonight for some reason it felt more real than ever before.

Chase: Fucking A! You wanted to be remembered. You're gonna look back in a couple years, and it's all gonna be a blur, boys. And right now, you know what people remember? They remember you suck.

Chase: All of you. You all suck. Everyone in this room. We all fucking suck. You wanna talk about the giant elephant now? Yeah. for all I know this is my last game in this uniform. You too Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Man, the Dodgers' SB nation blog is so much better than any of the others I've seen. Perhaps because an actual credentialed writer does the blogging?
                          I really enjoy the good phight. They have about 5 different regular contributors (including a good friend of B-Fly's apparently) and they range from very serious and analytical to just love of the game articles like the one above.

Comment

Man, the Dodgers' SB nation blog is so much better than any of the others I've seen. Perhaps because an actual credentialed writer does the blogging?
                            There's a couple of other good ones, but you're right that the Dodgers one is excellent.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Heh, I remember when Eric was just a regular commenter on Dodger Thoughts. Now he's got credentials and gets sourced by Rotoworld. Crazy world!

Any chance Frandsen gets to take over as a starter if Young and/or Utley gets traded? He's done great in limited duty this year, but I hear he's a trade candidate himself.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                Any chance Frandsen gets to take over as a starter if Young and/or Utley gets traded? He's done great in limited duty this year, but I hear he's a trade candidate himself.
                                He'd get more PT but so would Freddy Galvis. I think they'll hang on to him, he's good value.

Comment

Working...
                                X