2k13: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    Bastardo got the save tonight when Papelbon wasn't available, which may be an indication of what would happen if Papelbon is traded.
    ------------which means being a Phils fan just got very difficult once again! Bastardo does not inspire even a little bit of confidence from appearance to appearance.
    Bearin' up!

Comment

Bastardo got the save tonight when Papelbon wasn't available, which may be an indication of what would happen if Papelbon is traded.
      Rube says the Phils are buyers right now though...
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

The brain tumors removed from Darren Daulton were cancerous.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Rube says the Phils are buyers right now though...
          Rube's statements to the media are almost never truthful.

Comment

Crushed...

Former Philadelphia Phillies catcher Darren Daulton has been diagnosed with a Glioblastoma, a form of brain cancer, according to his foundation.
            A Glioblastoma is the most common and most aggressive malignant brain tumor. They typically spread quickly with tentacle-like projections.
            Dr. Judy said then even if the tumors are completely removed, there can still be malignant cells left behind, so Daulton will likely also need radiation.

Standard protocol for Glioblastoma is surgery followed by oral chemotherapy along with radiation. However there is no cure.

Even with treatment, the average survival time is 15 months.

Comment

Ben Revere fouled a ball off his right foot and broke it in the first game Saturday. Probably out for a month.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Such a shame. I hope he suffers as little as possible.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                  Such a shame. I hope he suffers as little as possible.
                  Amen. Daulton believes in some weird stuff, but in my recollection has never been a bad guy in any way. Fight on, Darren--and if you wind up losing the fight, I hope it's quick and painless.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                    Ben Revere fouled a ball off his right foot and broke it in the first game Saturday. Probably out for a month.
                    He thinks it's gonna be 6-8 weeks. We'll know more tomorrow.

Amaro says he wants to acquire another OF, which doesn't sound like someone who's gonna sell. (Keeping in mind that much of what he says publicly is disinformation.)

Comment

He thinks it's gonna be 6-8 weeks. We'll know more tomorrow.

Amaro says he wants to acquire another OF, which doesn't sound like someone who's gonna sell. (Keeping in mind that much of what he says publicly is disinformation.)
                      Phillies are in the no-man's land right now. Not far enough out of it to sell, but tough to justify buying, either.

Comment

i think they will buy within reason... I don't think there will be a huge splash. I imagine they are holding back Franco, Biddle, Aschee, Quinn, Joseph, and maybe Martin, and looking to get some RP or some veteran presence in CF with the next level of prospect in their system (which isn't going to get you anything thrilling).

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          i think they will buy within reason... I don't think there will be a huge splash. I imagine they are holding back Franco, Biddle, Aschee, Quinn, Joseph, and maybe Martin, and looking to get some RP or some veteran presence in CF with the next level of prospect in their system (which isn't going to get you anything thrilling).
                          The two best outcomes between now and July 31 are:

1. Win most of their games, go as full-bore as they can at making a run (without giving up the above-named players).
                          2. Lost most of their games, trade Papelbon for Nick Castellanos and get whatever they can for the Youngs. And trade Utley to the Dodgers if they'll overpay.

Continuing to play .500 ball will frustrate the hell out of everyone.
                          Last edited by Erik; 07-16-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

with the usual eric caveat that amaro is mostly full of shit, word is that the phillies are much more likely to extend chase (3/36?) than trade him away.

Comment

The two best outcomes between now and July 31 are:

1. Win most of their games, go as full-bore as they can at making a run (without giving up the above-named players).
                              2. Lost most of their games, trade Papelbon for Nick Castellanos and get whatever they can for the Youngs. And trade Utley to the Dodgers if they'll overpay.

Continuing to play .500 ball will frustrate the hell out of everyone.
                              Well, you got your wish, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                                Well, you got your wish, I guess.
                                Do we get castellanos as a consolation prize at least? Can we hold Detroit to that even though they just traded for Veras?

Comment

Working...
                                X