X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
    I am going with bryanbutler!?
    bingo.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• I really want to pick up Wheeler but I can't figure out who to drop. Blanks, I guess? Or should I drop Moreland and stick Cobb on the DL?

C Lucroy
      1B Craig
      2B Kipnis
      3B Donaldson
      SS Desmond
      OF Holliday
      OF Revere
      OF Bourn
      UT Dom Brown
      UT Joyce
      BN Blanks
      DL Moreland

SP Hamels
      SP Medlen
      SP Teheran
      SP Porcello
      SP Big Erv
      SP Alex Cobb

RP Frieri
      RP A Bailey
      RP J Henderson
      RP Gregg
      RP Chris Perez

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I really want to pick up Wheeler but I can't figure out who to drop. Blanks, I guess? Or should I drop Moreland and stick Cobb on the DL?
        I'd drop Cobb or Henderson. The Cobb prognosis doesn't sound good. I dropped Ogando for Wheeler figuring I can pick him up again if Wheeler craps the bed. I also have Pineda, Cobb and Moreland on the DL which was too many injured bodies.

Henderson was just dropped in my league after I traded him and Wilhelmsen for Posey a few weeks ago. Do you need 5 closers?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Today is a huge day for my team. I've got 4 starters going today: Wheeler @CHW, Fernandez vs MIN, Ervin vs ATL, Medlen @KC.

Comment

• I've been thinking about my team as we hit the halfway point of the season. June has worked out well for my squad for the most part as I have been in 1st place for the whole month (13 point lead currently, maxed out at a 16 point lead a week or so ago).

My pitching stats have slipped a bit with guys like Shelby Miller, Rick Porcello, and Eric Stults having some rough starts. Alex Cobb's injury is also hampering things as well. I need to start to retool a bit and may need to use trades to make that happen. However, adding Hanley Ramirez, Adam Lind, and Wil Myers from the free agent pool has boosted me on the offensive side (1st in R, 2nd in HR, 3rd in RBI and SB). That may give me some trade bait to nab a reliable SP.

I guess the main thing of interest is that one guy is eager to pass me in total transactions despite having a normal draft (69 moves for me, 62 moves for him). He was in last place about 6-8 weeks ago, changed his team name to "^^^^^^^^^^^going up", and is now making ~5 free agent claims a week. He's crawled up to 9th place, but ultimately has been fueling me by stimulating other teams to grab his castoffs (putting loads of fresh names in the waiver pool for me to consider). He was the one who cut Hanley a few weeks too early.

C: V. Martinez
            1B: D. Ortiz, A. Lind
            2B: A. Rendon, M. Carpenter, J. Gyorko
            3B: H. Ramirez
            SS: J. Segura
            OF: Dom. Brown, S. Marte, W. Myers, D. Nava, J. Werth

SP: T. Wood, S. Miller, S. Feldman, A. Griffin, E. Stultz, S. Fife (added today), A. Cobb(DL)
            RP: M. Rivera, E. Frieri, E. Mujica, B. Parnell

(bold = player who has been on my roster since the initial purge in February)

Comment

• I'm uber-impressed with the talent some of you guys have accumulated. Much better than I've done. I moved up into 7th place today (42.5 out of 1st, 11.5 out of 6th).

My current roster:
              C Castro
              1B Moreland
              2B Aviles
              3B Alvarez
              SS Aybar
              OF De Aza
              OF Stanton
              OF McLouth
              UT Gardner
              UT Ibanez
              BN Lind (starting Moreland while Lind is day-to-day)

SP: Colon, Fernandez, Wood, Cashner, Dempster, Milone, Stults.
              RP: Parnell, Perkins, Holland, Gregg, Perez.

Comment

• Thought I'd update my free agent team. I'm still sitting in 7th and am 12.0 out of 6th, but I'm down to 33.5 out of 1st now. Obviously, I'll finish no better than 7th at this point, but I'm honestly not disappointed considering what I started with.

Comment

• Today moved into first by .5 points. We'll see if it holds!

53 of 60 pitching points, only 27.5 hitting points. Benefitting from a close race---top 7 teams are within 13 points of each other.

Comment

• I've been in first since around 6/20. Right now, second place is 8.5 behind me. He's got Cabrera, Felix, Harvey, Jose Fernandez, Kimbrel, Grilli, and Mauer but is only in 2nd.

The guys I've traded for have all underperformed (Gordon, Zobrist, Salvador Perez, Rizzo), so the success has been all free agent driven.

My top guys in IP have been Bailey, Teheran, Liriano, Lackey, Kluber, Cobb, Holland, and Mujica.

Top hitters have been Segura, Donaldson, Puig, Myers, and Werth.

Comment

• Well, I thought I was doing well. How some of you start with a roster of poop with no usable players and end up in 1st place is amazing to me.

Comment

• I've spent most of the year in 6th. Just haven't been able to make up any ground. RBI and ratios are my trouble areas.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I'm in 6th place but only 8 points out. However, I just don't really see where I can get those 8 points. I should be able to get into third place though. I'm still trying to put the best team out there.

I have not made a single trade, just FA pickups. Here my team now:

C - d'Arnaud
                          1B - Belt
                          2B - Kipnis
                          SS - Reyes
                          3B - H Ramirez
                          OF/UT - Werth, Granderson, Aoki, Venable, A Jackson
                          BN - De Aza, Segura
                          DL - Marte

SP - Greinke, Peavy, Iwakuma, Halladay, Gallardo, A Wood, Teheran
                          RP - Mujica, Henderson, Benoit, Brothers
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyman View Post
                            Well, I thought I was doing well. How some of you start with a roster of poop with no usable players and end up in 1st place is amazing to me.
                            It's amazing to me too. I wouldn't have thought it possible in April, but my FA team has a better ERA and WHIP (3.06/1.13 over 1100 IP) than my two other teams where I drafted my pitching staff. It's because of two things:

1) My FA team isn't saddled with big name-players like Samardzija, Cain, or Sabathia that I'm afraid to drop even when they poison my ratios.
                            2) Not having drafted players clogging-up bench slots let me aggressively chase breakouts and surprises like Liriano, Teheran, Miller, and Lackey.

Possibly my league is just less competitive too.

Comment

• I'm in 4th. I have a good shot at 2nd but I am 12 points out of 1st and I don't think it's going to happen. I have only got a '5' in AVG and a '5' in WHIP. The #1 team has actually managed his innings really well and isn't going to hemorrhage points in Ks. I can make up about 2 points in WHIP, but my AVG is pretty stuck and it's probably in my best interests to ignore it and go after R/HR/RBI (6/9/11 so far).

I do finally have a lead in saves and I'm right on track for my innings limit. I'll have to do some streaming when my rookies get shut down. I've picked up good players but I've had some implosions that hurt my ratios. And unfortunately my awesome infield has been hindered by a mediocre OF.

C Ruiz
                              1B Craig
                              2B Kipnis
                              SS Desmond
                              3B Lawrie
                              OF Holliday, Dom Brown, Darin Ruf
                              UT Swisher, Joyce
                              BN Ike davis, Will Venable

SP Teheran, Jose Fernandez, Hamels, Big Erv, Miley
                              RP Melancon, Benoit, Chris Perez, Jim Henderson, Brothers, Lord Farquhar

Comment

• Currently in 2nd place (1.5 points back) with three of us bouncing in and out of 1st place every few days over the past few weeks. Offense rankings remain solid (sitting between 1st and 3rd in all five) despite some recent slumps from David Ortiz and Wil Myers. I am second in saves, but am now mid tier in ERA, WHIP and Ks. ERA remains a problem due to some August dog day blowups from A.J. Griffin and some of my relievers. Hopefully my recent Nolasco pickup will help (though likely not during his upcoming start in Denver). I am about 16 IP behind pace in pitching maximum, so I can look to stream a bit in the final week or two.

C: V. Martinez
                                1B: Belt, Ortiz
                                2B: Gennett, N. Walker
                                3B: H. Ramirez, M. Carpenter
                                SS: Segura
                                OF: Werth, Eaton, Dom. Brown, W. Myers, E. Young Jr., S. Marte (DL)

SP: G. Cole, S. Miller, T. Wood, A. Cobb, W. Miley, R. Nolasco
                                RP: M. Rivera, Frieri, Mujica, C. Perez

Bold = player held since initial build of roster

Comment

Working...
                                X