No announcement yet.

2K13 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just traded Wilhelmsen/Henderson for Posey and a Hammel (will drop). Will cut/bench JPA. Nice problem to have. Still have Parnell/Veras/Gregg and will grab Bailey again.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Have made a few trades in the last week or two and have netted the following:

Gave up: Berkman, Segura, Marte and Henderson
      Got back: Beltre, Rollins, Chris Sale and Smardzja (on waivers actually)

Slowly climbing my way up - got all the way up to 8th after spending most of the year in last. Have stellar pitching now (Sale, Samardzja, Cobb, Shelby Miller, etc.) and will try and trade some of those pieces for a bat.

Comment

• I'm in 8th and finally starting to make some progress. Even though I traded for Lawrie I am getting very close to cutting him.

C M Montero
        1B Loney
        2B Kipnis
        3B Donaldson
        SS Desmond
        OF A Craig
        OF Joyce
        OF Bourn
        UT Moreland
        UT Rutledge
        BN Lawrie
        BN V Wells (been trying like hell to trade him)
        DL Reddick

SP Hammel (very close to cutting him)
        SP Shelby Miller
        SP Alex Cobb
        SP Paul Maholm (dropped, but picked back up to start vs MIN)
        SP Julio Teheran
        SP Big Erv

RP Frieri
        RP A Bailey
        RP Mujica (trying to trade him too, but really, all my closers)
        RP J Henderson
        RP Valverde

Comment

• Still not made a trade. I've clawed my way into 7th with 6th just a few points ahead.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• yeah, i picked up wacha today also. still sitting in 5th, looking up at that big cliff to 4th...
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Been trying to decide if Wacha will be better over the next few months than the current starters on my AFA roster (mainly over Maholm, Griffin, Wandy Rodriguez, and Feldman). Maholm's implosion today is making me consider dumping him despite his solid outing last time out. I've been sitting in 1st place for 2-3 weeks now mostly due to my pitching (in 1st or 2nd in W, SV, ERA, & WHIP, 5th in Ks), so I've been happy with the current guys for the most part.

~2 Month Roster Update:
              C: V. Martinez
              1B: D. Ortiz
              2B: Infante, Profar
              3B: M. Reynolds, M. Carpenter, Gyorko
              SS: Segura, Gregorius
              OF: Marte, Viciedo, L. Cain, Dom. Brown (just picked back up today for B. Moss), Werth (DL)

SP: A. Cobb, Maholm, S. Miller, Griffin, Feldman, W. Rodriguez
              RP: M. Rivera, Frieri, Mujica, Parnell

Comment

• I think Maholm has definitely returned to earth. I'd still spot him against bad teams but he's no longer a must-have. Not sure Wacha will be better but I think he's worth a shot. Thinking about picking him up myself.

My team is still in 8th. It turns out I'm a bad trader; selling high on Marte and Chris Davis hasn't worked out so well. I just flipped Mujica and Vernon Wells for Matt Holliday and Medlen. Right now I'm trying to decide if Lawrie is worth hanging onto.

C Castro
                1B Moreland
                2B Kipnis
                3B Donaldson, Lawrie
                SS Desmond
                OF Craig, Bourn, Holliday, Joyce, Brantley (Reddick DL)

SP S Miller, Cobb, Hammel, Big Erv, Medlen, Teheran (probably not for long)
                RP Frieri, A Bailey, Valverde, K-Rod, Henderson, Bryan Shaw (probably not for long)

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  My team is still in 8th. It turns out I'm a bad trader; selling high on Marte and Chris Davis hasn't worked out so well.
                  I probably shouldn't have traded Shelby Miller away. I'm thankful that all my attempts to trade Cobb, Segura, and Donaldson failed. Meanwhile, I thought I was smart getting Zobrist, and he's done nothing.

It seems that trading is incredibly time-intensive and has a significant likelihood of actually hurting your team. I don't enjoy trading.

Comment

• I am on a self-imposed, only do it by free agents as well. Currently in 6th with 5th place within striking distance!

Comment

• Jumped up almost 10 points last night thanks to a 7 homer performance from my team! Still in 9th but only 30 points from first so closest I've been all season.

Still trying to trade away surplus pitching but no one is buying.

Comment

• All the way up to 6th, 20 points out of first and moving quickly!

Just got offered a trade proposal that I think I have to take but wanted to get some input:
                        I give: Puig
                        I get: Allen Craig and Adam Jones

I traded away Trout last year in the Free Agent League and that haunted me. I also have plenty of 1B/OFer's right now so even though from a pure production standpoint, it makes sense - maybe I try and upgrade a different position?

My current offensive roster:
                        C - Salvador Perez
                        1B - Belt / Morales
                        2B - Gyorko
                        3B - Beltre
                        SS - Rollins
                        OF - Nelson Cruz, Alfonso Soriano, Dom Brown, Nick Swisher, Puig

Do I make the deal or try and get more/different pieces? The only other player he has that is an upgrade on one of my spots is Tulo at SS but that may be hard to get. I could go after his pitchers, but mine are pretty good right now (Sale, Cobb, Shelby, Samardzja, etc.)

Comment

• Originally posted by sam View Post
                          all the way up to 6th, 20 points out of first and moving quickly!

Just got offered a trade proposal that i think i have to take but wanted to get some input:
                          i get: Allen craig and adam jones
                          do it!!!!
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            All the way up to 6th, 20 points out of first and moving quickly!

Just got offered a trade proposal that I think I have to take but wanted to get some input:
                            I get: Allen Craig and Adam Jones

I traded away Trout last year in the Free Agent League and that haunted me. I also have plenty of 1B/OFer's right now so even though from a pure production standpoint, it makes sense - maybe I try and upgrade a different position?

My current offensive roster:
                            C - Salvador Perez
                            1B - Belt / Morales
                            2B - Gyorko
                            3B - Beltre
                            SS - Rollins
                            OF - Nelson Cruz, Alfonso Soriano, Dom Brown, Nick Swisher, Puig

Do I make the deal or try and get more/different pieces? The only other player he has that is an upgrade on one of my spots is Tulo at SS but that may be hard to get. I could go after his pitchers, but mine are pretty good right now (Sale, Cobb, Shelby, Samardzja, etc.)
                            WHAT! Yes do that.

Comment

• yeah, i'd do it too.

BTW, here are two transactions from earlier this year in my league:

Mar 17: Rotisserie Chicken - Drop Lorenzo Cain; Add Dominic Brown
                              Apr 24: Rotisserie Chicken - Drop Dominic Brown; Add Curtis Granderson

guess who Rotisserie Chicken is? /facepalm
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                                yeah, i'd do it too.

BTW, here are two transactions from earlier this year in my league:

Mar 17: Rotisserie Chicken - Drop Lorenzo Cain; Add Dominic Brown
                                Apr 24: Rotisserie Chicken - Drop Dominic Brown; Add Curtis Granderson

guess who Rotisserie Chicken is? /facepalm

I am going with bryanbutler!?

Comment

Working...
                                X