2K13 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    LOL! Great advice! I had Willingham and Davis for much of the season.

I also picked up one Mike Trout about a month into the season. This year Wil Myers, Brett Wallace and Carlos Ruiz (25 game suspension) are sticks to keep an eye on.
    I'll try to keep the chin up. I get the drift, though, I think. I grabbed Ruiz with my first FA frenzy, and later Jaso to hold the spot for the first month or so.

My team motto is "One Move at a Time". It is frustrating, though, because all my outfielders look alike right now, and my infielders suck bilge water. My pitching staff is full of relievers who may or may not get gigs (Frieri, Parnell, Cook, Veras, Madson, Marmol, Fujikawa). I'd like to get that group turned into two or three really good players. I like my starters okay (Milone, Fiers, Capuano), but they are third tier guys...not a staff you want to rely upon.

I'm watching and waiting, though. And I'm not afraid to pull the trigger when a good guy becomes available.

Comment

• Was able to get Berkman and Avila off of waivers so that'll help my hitting. Also have a waiver claim in now for Belt.

Burnett was taken by another owner so that still leaves my pitching a little light but always easier to find pitching during the season.

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      After the initial waiver period, my team looks like:

C - Carlos Ruiz (have a waiver in for Avila to start while Ruiz is suspended)
      1B - Lind
      2B - Chris Nelson
      3B - Mark Reynolds
      SS - Segura/Stephen Drew
      OF - Denard Span, Ludwick, Cody Ross
      UTIL - Have a waiver claim in for Berkman

SP - Hanson, AJ Griffin, Vargas, Hammel, Alex Cobb, Shelby Miller (waiver in for Burnett)
      RP - Frieri, Santos, Pestano, David Hernandez

I think I've got some good power guys but there were surprisingly no speed guys available. Luckily, they'll become available quickly but I was surprised to see so many taken in the draft. Berkman and Avila were the only guys dropped after the initial waves of moves so there hasn't been alot to pick up on.

I think my pitching is fine for the time being - Burnett will help in K's if I get him. Would you guys try to pick up and stash guys like Beachy or Luebke?

Comment

• I just traded Carlos Marmol for Justin Morneau and picked up Lohse and Alexei Ramirez from waivers.

Matt Garza and Carl Crawford were just dropped so I'm going to grab and DL those guys as soon as I can.

C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
        1B Justin Morneau
        2B Omar Infante
        3B Trevor Plouffe
        SS Alexei Ramirez
        OF David Murphy
        OF Drew Stubbs
        OF Colby Rasmus
        UTIL Chris Young
        UTIL Michael Saunders
        BN: Andrelton Simmons
        BN: Brandon Belt
        BN: Cody Ross

SP: Kyle Lohse
        SP: Brett Myers
        RP: Vinnie Pestano
        RP: Luke Gregerson
        P: Wade Davis
        P: Jake McGee
        P: Hisashi Iwakuma
        BN: Kyuji Fujikawa

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Matt Garza and Carl Crawford were just dropped so I'm going to grab and DL those guys as soon as I can.
          There is only one DL spot in these leagues, but you should still pick up both those guys.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Here, so far, are the 2013 "Dogs of WAR":

C Miguel Montero
            1B Yonder Alonso
            2B Omar Infante
            3B Matt Carpenter
            SS Josh Rutledge
            OF Juan Pierre
            OF David Murphy
            OF Ryan Ludwick
            Util Lance Berkman
            Util Cameron Maybin
            SP Tommy Milone
            SP Ryan Dempster
            RP Bobby Parnell
            RP Mitchell Boggs
            P Carlos Marmol
            P Jose Veras
            P Ryan Madson
            P Kyuji Fujikawa
            BN Carlos Ruiz
            BN Rajai Davis
            BN Aaron Hicks
            BN Denard Span
            DL Corey Hart
            BN David Robertson

Obviously, I'm hoping 4 or 5 of these pitchers get settled in as closers so they can be traded. I've already traded away Frieri and Cook.
            Last edited by ; 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• I have a few owners in my league who have been panicking already the past few weeks, dropping Mariano Rivera, David Ortiz, Victor Martinez, and Norichika Aoki. I was able to grab the first two via waivers while the one other active and semi-sane owner grabbed the other two. Still much more work needed for my team, but it is getting slowly better. I still need more speed (and nearly grabbed Hicks instead of Domonic Brown because of that), but still think I can address that stat later (likely once Quentin gets DLed).

C: Arencibia
              1B: G. Jones, Ortiz
              2B: Keppinger
              SS: Segura, L. Cruz
              3B: M.Reynolds, Gyorko
              OF: Ludwick, S. Marte, B. Moss, Quentin, Dom. Brown, C. Hart (DL)

SP: W. Rodriguez, A.J. Griffin, A. Cobb, Maholm, Teheran, S. Miller
              RP: M. Rivera, Frieri, Parnell, Boggs

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                This is still, to date, the only free agent worth a crap. Most of the teams in my league have not made moves at all.
                Why would a team who actually drafted good players make any sort of significant drop before the season starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                  Why would a team who actually drafted good players make any sort of significant drop before the season starts?
                  somebody in my league dropped brandon belt yesterday, to pick up angel pagan.

i almost broke my wrist trying to click on the Add button as fast as i could.
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• And so it starts...

Wilhelmson dropped for Broxton. I wondered if it was from April 2012. I put in a claim and am hoping noone else notices. I might drop a few players to push the transaction off the homepage.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Hey, moved out of last place today! I can't believe how horrible that other team must be.

Comment

• i'm actually in 10th. i have no idea how, but i've got 60 IP and a miniscule WHIP of 0.85. giving me 12 points in that category alone...
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• I'm in 4th place 12.5 points out of 1st. Lowrie and Aoki have done well, and spot starts from Milone, Gee, Wandy, and Straily went well. Hammel, Maholm, and Cobb are my three SPs right now.
                          Last edited by ; 04-10-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• My team is starting to resemble one that was drafted.

C: JPA
                            1B: Konerko Hosmer Reynolds
                            2B: Rutledge
                            3B: Friese Gyorko
                            SS: Simmons
                            OF: Worth Crisp Saunders Brown Moss
                            DL: Hart
                            P: Ogando Masterson Happ Cobb Fernandez Milone
                            RP: Wilhelmson Parnell Fujikawa Henderson Benoit

I am in 6th, 24 back. Best start in the 5 years I've been doing this.
                            Last edited by virgonomic; 04-11-2013, 11:10 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• My team sucks. I'm in last place by about 12 points. I currently have:

C - Salty
                              1B - Belt
                              2B - Bonifacio
                              3B - Gyorko
                              SS - Segura
                              OF - Quentin, Moss, GJones, Marte, Dunn, Saunders, De Aza (just picked up for Hart)
                              DL - HRamirez (yup, can't wait for him to come back)

SP - Vargas, Hammel, Iwakuma, Griffin, EJackson, Hanson, Cobb (on the bench for his first start ), Ryu
                              RP - Parnell, Boggs, Frieri

I think I need to start looking at making wholesale changes. I'm dumping Jackson, I just never liked him.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I'm in 12th with 42 points, two points behind 11th. I have 39 transactions on the year while a couple guys in the league ridicule me. Now I am going to make sure I kick their ass! lol

C - Ryan Doumit
                                1B - Garrett Jones
                                2B - Daniel Murphy
                                3B - Matt Carpenter
                                SS - Jean Segura
                                OF - Michael Saunders
                                OF - Jayson Werth
                                OF - David Murphy
                                UTIL - Jedd Gyroko
                                UTIL - Travis Hafner
                                BN - Gerrado Parra
                                BN - Carlos Ruiz (stash)
                                BN - Denard Span
                                DL - Corey Hart

SP - Jason Hammel
                                SP - Tommy Milone
                                RP - Kelvin Herrera
                                RP - Jim Henderson
                                P - Jose Fernandez
                                P - Jaime Garcia
                                P - Paul Maholm
                                P - Phil Coke
                                BN - Alex Cobb
                                BN - Andrew Cashner
                                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
                                X