No announcement yet.

2K13 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounded like a blast, so I decided to do it, too. After my transactions, my current roster is:

C Arencibia
    1B Moreland
    2B Bonifacio
    SS Segura
    3B Chisenhall
    OF Quentin
    OF Hart
    OF Ruggiano
    UT GJones
    UT Ludwick
    BN Marte, Pierre, Maybin

SP: Hanson, Niemann, Milone, Griffin, Billingsley
    RP: Cook, McGee, Gregerson, Rondon, Veras

Got a second round of waiver claims in for De Aza for Marte, Perez for Arencibia, Youk for Chisenhall. I have way too many OFs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyman View Post
      Sounded like a blast, so I decided to do it, too. After my transactions, my current roster is:

C Arencibia
      1B Moreland
      2B Bonifacio
      SS Segura
      3B Chisenhall
      OF Quentin
      OF Hart
      OF Ruggiano
      UT GJones
      UT Ludwick
      BN Marte, Pierre, Maybin

SP: Hanson, Niemann, Milone, Griffin, Billingsley
      RP: Cook, McGee, Gregerson, Rondon, Veras

Got a second round of waiver claims in for De Aza for Marte, Perez for Arencibia, Youk for Chisenhall. I have way too many OFs.
      I'm guessing Perez, De Aza and Youk were waived? Otherwise, you would have grabbed them as FAs, right?

Hey, I posted a deal on an NL auction I've gotten myself into. I'd love your input.

Oh, and I heard from Mackey yesterday. It's the time of the season.

Comment

• I was looking over my roster and decided that I have too many relievers. I really believe it's important to get out to a good lead in saves and try to trade them away. But I think I've overdone it. Here is my roster:

C Salty
        1B G Jones
        2B Bonifacio
        SS Segura
        3B Gyorko
        OF/BN Quentin, Ludwick, Moss, Dunn, Marte, Maybin and C Nelson

SP Santana, Vargas, Iwakuma, Griffin and Hanson
        RP Cook, Parnell, Frieri, Santos, Rondon and Veras

With the news of Rondon struggling I'm inclined to drop him. It also seems that Balfour is going to be healthy for the start of the season and Cook can be dropped. I'd guess that Parnell and Frieri are the best bets followed by Santos and while Veras has the least competition he's also the worst pitcher of the bunch. But if he can get out to a quick start I could possibly trade him.

If I were to drop Rondon and Cook who could I pick up. Well, here's who I see available. For hitters it's Belt, C Young, Ross, Stubbs. For starting pitchers E Jackson, Cobb, Ryu, Wandy, Hammel and McDonald. Also, Pestano is out there and Perez is currently hurt but says he'll be ready for the start of the season.

Anyone see anyone worth picking up?
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I'd still hang onto Cook until we see a little more from Balfour. But I would drop Rondon for Hammel, who I really like. Or you could go with Cobb. But I also like both Hammel/Cobb more than Tommy Hanson.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I'd still hang onto Cook until we see a little more from Balfour. But I would drop Rondon for Hammel, who I really like. Or you could go with Cobb. But I also like both Hammel/Cobb more than Tommy Hanson.
            I'm a fan of Hammel too. Cobb as well, though I feel like someone like Hanson who has a previous track record is a good piece to have in this format. If he can rebound he could be a nice trade chip. If I were simply drafting I'd probably take Cobb first, if that makes sense.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              So what would you guys do if your league was totally inactive? Just drop it and go to another? Wait it out to see if it gets better? I've still only had 5 non-me transactions in the whole league after a couple weeks.
              The other teams don't need to make moves yet - they drafted GOOD players! That said, I just checked my league and 7 other teams have made (3 or fewer) moves. I've already had a trade in my league! I think I'd wait it out.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• After the waiver period:

C Saltalamacchia
                1B Garret Jones
                2B Omar Infante
                3B Chris Johnson
                SS Zack Cozart
                OF Cody Ross
                OF Michael Saunders
                OF David Murphy
                UTIL Michael Saunders
                UTIL Colby Rasmus

Bench: Chris Young, Logan Morrison,

SP Paul Maholm
                SP Wade Davis
                RP Carlos Marmol
                RP Vinnie Pestano
                P Jake McGee
                P Brett Myers
                P AJ Griffin
                P Kyuji Fujikwawa
                P Brandon Beachy
                P Hisashi Iwakuma

I also have a waiver claim currently in for Andrelton Simmons for tomorrow.
                Cameron Maybin, Alexi Ramirez, Alex Avila, Trevor Plouffe, Shaun Marcum, Kyle Lohse, Andy Pettitte are all on waviers currently.

Comment

• After the initial waiver period, my team looks like:

C - Carlos Ruiz (have a waiver in for Avila to start while Ruiz is suspended)
                  1B - Lind
                  2B - Chris Nelson
                  3B - Mark Reynolds
                  SS - Segura/Stephen Drew
                  OF - Denard Span, Ludwick, Cody Ross
                  UTIL - Have a waiver claim in for Berkman

SP - Hanson, AJ Griffin, Vargas, Hammel, Alex Cobb, Shelby Miller (waiver in for Burnett)
                  RP - Frieri, Santos, Pestano, David Hernandez

I think I've got some good power guys but there were surprisingly no speed guys available. Luckily, they'll become available quickly but I was surprised to see so many taken in the draft. Berkman and Avila were the only guys dropped after the initial waves of moves so there hasn't been alot to pick up on.

I think my pitching is fine for the time being - Burnett will help in K's if I get him. Would you guys try to pick up and stash guys like Beachy or Luebke?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    I'm guessing Perez, De Aza and Youk were waived? Otherwise, you would have grabbed them as FAs, right?

Hey, I posted a deal on an NL auction I've gotten myself into. I'd love your input.

Oh, and I heard from Mackey yesterday. It's the time of the season.
                    Yeah, they were cut in the first round of waivers. Hoping to pick them up in the second round, but I have to wait until Thursday.

I'll take a look, lol, but my opinions are far less valuable than they used to be. The "me" of 15 years ago would stomp a mudhole in the "me" of today. I don't spend nearly as much time reading and researching as I used to.

Robert Mackey...holy cow, LOL. Everytime I have to come up with a team name, I literally think of him asking the league if he could name his team the Master Batters in the year of MARBLe. He was definitely entertaining to have in the league, LOL.

Comment

• This may get better, but right now I can't see it working. No power to be found, and nobody wants to trade any power. Ditto with starting pitching. I did come up with a way that should get about 65 points using the guys I have now, but it would mean essentially dumping HRs, RBIs, Runs, and Wins, which of course you can't do. Right now, though, I can't see any way to get past about 4th place. I don't think these guys in the league are dumbasses. There have been very few moves, but when they drop a guy to waivers, its somebody who won't help.

Sorry. Pity party. I hate being last, and the season is still a month away.

Comment

• Lucky, keep focused on your first four words: "This may get better". I think in my previous years of playing AFA in leagues, I finished the season with less than 10% of the players I started with. Last year, I kept only two players all year long (Altuve and Scutaro) and was able to finish 4th. Quality players just appear, through unexpected improvements or hot streaks, minor league promotions, and often through owners just giving up on guys too quickly. For example, I just picked up Mariano Rivera off waivers today from an impatient (or anti-Yankee) owner. Just keep active and keep looking for opportunities all season long.

Comment

• it's not supposed to be easy!

and you also need to be active on player pickups during the season. I'm sure at the beginning of last season there weren't many teams that had Encarnacion, Dunn, Willingham, LaRoche, CDavis, or Reddick; if you picked up all of them that was about 200 HR.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• thoughts on phil hughes? he was just dropped in my league...

my league has been pretty active already - 19 moves by 7 others, compared to 26 by me.
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              it's not supposed to be easy!

and you also need to be active on player pickups during the season. I'm sure at the beginning of last season there weren't many teams that had Encarnacion, Dunn, Willingham, LaRoche, CDavis, or Reddick; if you picked up all of them that was about 200 HR.
                              LOL! Great advice! I had Willingham and Davis for much of the season.

I also picked up one Mike Trout about a month into the season. This year Wil Myers, Brett Wallace and Carlos Ruiz (25 game suspension) are sticks to keep an eye on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davros View Post
                                Lucky, keep focused on your first four words: "This may get better". I think in my previous years of playing AFA in leagues, I finished the season with less than 10% of the players I started with. Last year, I kept only two players all year long (Altuve and Scutaro) and was able to finish 4th.
                                Same here. I turn over most of my roster each year.

Comment

Working...
                                X