Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I trade Alex Gordon $10 for Matt Moore $5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Some leagues do not hold pitchers in as high regard than others. Some would take the profit and lower the risk that comes with young pitchers. Some just plain old need the money at auction.

I am not saying that he is not worth the raise and would find no fault in giving him a year. I am saying I am not sure I would. Of course that kind of decision help is what I have you guys for.
    That's cool. I like hearing people's reasoning. Given B'Fly's layout here, I personally would get him and extend him one year, take the $20 pitcher at half-price and run with him.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Moore's Pre All Star Numbers:
      99 IP 4.42 1.45 96K 50BB 95 Hits Allowed

Moore's Post All Star Numbers:
      77 IP 3.01 1.21 79K 31BB 63 Hits Allowed

Digging deeper he gave up only 5 HR in the second half as opposed to 13 before. He also lowed his walks quite a bit. We also see a decrease in Hits/IP.

These are all signs to me that he started pitching a bit more to contact and started pitching more intelligently which is what we always like to see from young guys.

I totally understand that Pagan was a solid player last year, but I think that is his ceiling. Matt Moore has and upside that is Cy Young caliber. For my money, I wouldn't consider dealing Moore for Pagan even if they were both $5.
      Moore 2013 = Price 2010

book it

Comment

B-fly has spent $130 of his budget on his keepers. If he makes the trade he goes to $125 without extensions. Given the input both on Moore and looking at the math, I have changed my mind and would extend the $5 on Moore. It would still give him plenty of money to spend at auction and increase Moore's trading value in the event it would come down to that.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I'd do it, but my potential trade partner appears to be rethinking, so we'll see.

Comment

Working...
          X