2k11: Dexter Fowler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11: Dexter Fowler

Slated to be the Rockies' everyday CF and leadoff hitter. He stacks up more interestingly against some other guys in CF:

Fowler (age 24): 11% walk rate, 24% K rate, 13sb/8cs, .150 ISO in 2010.
    Pagan (age 29): 7% walk rate, 17% K rate, 37sb/9cs, .135 ISO in 2010
    Torres (age 32): 10% walk rate, 25% K rate, 26sb/7cs .211 ISO in 2010
    Span (age 26): 9% walk rate, 12% K rate, 26sb/4cs, .084 ISO in 2010

Here are their projections (Bill James, 2011):

Fowler (age 25): 285/373/437 7 HR 18SB
    Pagan (age 30): 289/340/424 10HR 28SB
    Torres (age 33): 271/340/440 14HR 25SB
    Span (age 27): 294/369/388 5HR 24SB

Pagan is a pretty close comp, but with less K's. Torres has more power and Span has even less (if that's possible).

It will be interesting to see if Fowler can steal a few more bags in 2011. I don't love the K rate, but the walk rate is nice. He's the youngest of the group and has some room for improvement. James is projecting a big OBP that could lead to 95+ runs at the top of the order if he pulls it off and stays there all year.

But keep in mind what Span did in 2009 and Torres/Pagan did in 2010 as Fowler's upside.

I've always liked Folwer. I like his speed and I love his patience at the plate. I think Span 2009 with a bit more power is a great upside comp.

Comment

I wouldnt worry about his low steals total in 2010, he was playing with a variety of small injuries that slowed him.

Comment

With 66 K's on the season, rumors are swirling that Dexter is headed to AAA this week.
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          With 66 K's on the season, rumors are swirling that Dexter is headed to AAA this week.
          and well deserved. He has stunk.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Who will replace him?

Comment

Looks like EY is getting starts out there while Herrera and Nelson get starts at 2B or Nelson at 3B and Wiggy at 2B.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Is there a bigger disappointment than Fowler in 2011? I mean, I wasn't expecting great things, but I thought he'd steal at least 20 bases. He has TWO. TWO. TWO. Are you kidding me? He has only stolen bases against one team - the Pirates. What does that say? He hasn't had one in six weeks.

I may just cut him. I'm not sure. Dee Gordon just got called up for my team. I have a few weeks until I'd have to activate him. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  Who will replace him?
                  Charlie Blackmon is up.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

6 caught stealings is pretty impressive.

I was way off on this guy

Comment

Working...
                    X