No announcement yet.

"Best Shape Of My Life" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6,500 calories a day??? http://seattletimes.com/html/mariner...ariners18.html

Comment

hmmm ... isn't that the Lance Armstrong diet??? curious ...

then again, I think that's just one Swanson Hungry Man breakfasts.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Obviously on the opposite side of things but Pablo Sandoval did a lot of celebrating this off season. He looks like he probably ate Theriot or something. He is out of shape even by his lofty standards.

Comment

another one ... errr, isn't this a great piece of info? I'm gonna go to $15 on him now ...

Indians manager Terry Francona said Scott Kazmir has "looked so good it's scary" early on in camp.
          "I wish we could bottle it right now for the season," Francona added. It's risky to read too much into early spring talk, but Francona's optimism, combined with reports of Kazmir showing improved velocity in winter ball, is encouraging. The 29-year-old has a 5.54 ERA in the majors dating back to 2009 and is trying to win a roster spot as a non-roster invitee.
          rotoworld
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Yes, the daily stories that come out of spring training that talk about a player being in the best shape of his life have long been cliché. However, Braves third baseman Juan Francisco really is in the best shape of his life, according to scouts.

“The belly is gone,” one scout said. “It looks like, to me, that he is finally going to take his career seriously.”

Comment

Dont blow all of these off. I remember about 15 years ago when Juan Gonzalez showed at camp looking like a beach bully. He had an MVP year. We now suspect PDAs were involved, but still.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
                Mark Prior

Prior, who has suffered multiple shoulder injuries, is in the best physical shape of his life, according to two people who have seen him.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/cubs-...9611372847-914
                The minor leaguers reported to camp today. Among them was Mark Prior. Yes, that Mark Prior.

Prior, a 32-year-old right-hander, has not pitched in the majors since 2006 because of shoulder problems. He’s made several comeback attempts since.

“He called me and said asked for a chance,” Reds manager Dusty Baker said. “I talked to Walt (Jocketty). (Prior) says he feels good. He feels like he has some unfinished business.

“This is gives him one more chance or a chance at closure.”

Ironically, Baker is often blamed for Prior’s injury. Prior went 18-6 with a 2.43 ERA and threw 233 innings (including playoffs) as a 22-year-old for the Chicago Cubs when Baker was the manager.

Comment

If I'm Dusty I'm keeping my door locked and bolted at night.

Comment

When no team wants you, you can always resort to laying the guilt trip on the manager who ruined your arm.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X