• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Best Shape Of My Life" thread

let's track those stories

Vinnie Pestano - http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...e-of-his-life/
    Jhonny Peralta - http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...e-of-his-life/

sadly, I can't participate in this thread.

oh, you meant mlb players ... nevermind ...

Every Red Sox Player To Be In Best Shape Of Their Life

Red Sox manager John Farrell said you won't recognize John Lackey because he's in such great shape.
    Daniel Bard has found his old arm slot, and that he's throwing with power once again
    edit: some of the comments below that article are great ... for example:

Red Sox manager John Farrell said you won’t recognize John Lackey because he gives up less than four runs in the first inning.
    Last edited by TranaGreg; 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

here's todd helton, not in the best shape of his life.

nice dui mugshot. not quite nick nolte quality, but not bad.

linky - http://kdvr.com/2013/02/06/todd-helt...i-in-thornton/
      ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

i know where i've seen this before!

~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

V-mart, according to rotoworld ... since we don't have an "unbelievable" thread I figured this belongs here ... :

"Victor looks unbelievable," McClendon said. "I am really, really impressed with what I've seen. He's in great shape, and he's swinging the bat extremely well. A lot of zip, a lot of pop, it doesn't look like he's lost anything."
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Mark Prior

Prior, who has suffered multiple shoulder injuries, is in the best physical shape of his life, according to two people who have seen him.

Comment

Mark Prior has to be one of the most ridiculous ones ever.

Rotoworld:

According to Indians manager Terry Francona, Asdrubal Cabrera has lost weight, looks to be well conditioned and "looks great".
              Cabrera has dealt with weight issues each of the last two springs, and poor conditioning was partially to blame for his second half fade in each of the last two seasons. While these "best shape of my life" stories are plentiful every spring, if truly in better shape, it could mean a much stronger second half from the Tribe's shortstop in 2013.
              Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Nick Franklin says he's put on 35 lbs this off-season

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Nick Franklin says he's put on 35 lbs this off-season

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/507503...ts/player_news
                  Adding 35 lbs of muscle in 5 months without "help" is next to impossible. If we give him 15-20lbs of muscle that means he added 15-20 lbs of fat. Now maybe that is good for a skinny kid and it may help for power, but what does that do to his speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Adding 35 lbs of muscle in 5 months without "help" is next to impossible. If we give him 15-20lbs of muscle that means he added 15-20 lbs of fat. Now maybe that is good for a skinny kid and it may help for power, but what does that do to his speed?
                    He was super skinny in the 2011 AFL because he couldn't consume solid food for awhile after having his jaw broken and also had mono that season. That's a rather full frame now if he's up to 210-215 and I'd worry about how his joints would handle it over the course of a full-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      He was super skinny in the 2011 AFL because he couldn't consume solid food for awhile after having his jaw broken and also had mono that season. That's a rather full frame now if he's up to 210-215 and I'd worry about how his joints would handle it over the course of a full-season.
                      So is he getting back to his norm/healthy or was he pretty skinny to start with?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        So is he getting back to his norm/healthy or was he pretty skinny to start with?
                        I can't imagine him 35 lbs bigger than he was in early November. I've interviewed him each of the past AFL all-star weekends. This past November, he actually filled his shirt out while in 2011, the shirt hung on him. If he's put on another 15 since I interviewed him in 12 weeks ago, that's insane.

Comment

Josh Hamilton down from about 245 to 225. Really watched what he ate this offseason and has limited caffeine intake

Comment

Likely 4th Cardinal starter Lance Lynn loses weight while likely 5th Cardinal starter Shelby Miller gains weight. Both developments are seen as good news.

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.

Seriously, Shelby apparently screwed up last winter by not eating enough during the winter, losing some mph, so there may be some merit to this.

Comment

Shaun Marcum's arm feels better than it has in a long time. Not quite best shape of his life, but it's close.

Comment

Working...
                              X