Your 2013 RJ bad offer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Here's the issue as I see it...you're essentially projecting maximum stats for Pierre and minimum stats for Heyward. Pierre has stolen more than 40 bags only once in the last 5 seasons, and has had 50 or more RBI only once in the last ELEVEN years, last year he had 25. So saying that the 2 players are going to be anywhere within 40 RBI of eachother is terribly wrong, IMO. And last year Pierre had 37 steals, and Heyward had 21...add in the fact that Pierre is 35 and Heyward is 23 and it makes it no contest, IMO.

I guess that I should also say that I assume that Gregg is going for it this season, and not building for the future. Either way, Heyward is a much more attractive trade chip to a team that's gunning for a title.
    I am going for it. That is another strange thing about the offer, with E. Cabrera, Kemp, Heyward, McCutchen, and a free Billy Hamilton, it should be apparent I do not need speed. Just a strange offer. Then again after reading some of the comments, maybe not quite as bad as I thought. Still not doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      My latest crap that I received (9 team NL-only keeper league):
      His $59 Tulo + $10 Wade Miley for my $15 Heyward + a minor leaguer

Tulo is not keepable at that price and Miley has marginal value at best (I really don't know if I'd keep him if he was on my roster) for a fantastic keeper in Heyward. I declined without comment or counter.
      Yikes.

Comment

I was offered a 5 dollar Tyler Colvin (2nd year), and a 6 dollar Logan Morrison (option), for my 1 dollar Rafael Soriano (2nd year)...AFTER he was named the Nats closer. I politely declined.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I just inquired about Justin Upton in a 15 team mixed and was offered Upton & Tyler Skaggs for Pujols, Matt Moore and Martin Perez. I think I'm going to pass on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            I just inquired about Justin Upton in a 15 team mixed and was offered Upton & Tyler Skaggs for Pujols, Matt Moore and Martin Perez. I think I'm going to pass on that one.
            On a trade offer like this, I would just like to hear the other person's reasoning as to why you would/should consider this?

Comment

NL only 5x5 keeper $260 budget.

Wily Peralta $10 and Sergio Romo $3 for Jason Heyward $20 and E. Cabrera $1.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Just giving you some crap !! But truthfully..right now...that offer stinks for Trout. Hosmer may be really good or he may be mediocre. Utley is old and creaky. And while i like Anderson, he's had arm problems every year.

I bet you would be soooo wrong about Hosmer for Trout. Trout was rated the number one or two prospect at that time.
                The key word in your reply is 'prospect'; I think a good number of people would have traded a prospect for a given commodity. Just my two cents.

Comment

Here's the issue as I see it...you're essentially projecting maximum stats for Pierre and minimum stats for Heyward. Pierre has stolen more than 40 bags only once in the last 5 seasons, and has had 50 or more RBI only once in the last ELEVEN years, last year he had 25. So saying that the 2 players are going to be anywhere within 40 RBI of eachother is terribly wrong, IMO. And last year Pierre had 37 steals, and Heyward had 21...add in the fact that Pierre is 35 and Heyward is 23 and it makes it no contest, IMO.

I guess that I should also say that I assume that Gregg is going for it this season, and not building for the future. Either way, Heyward is a much more attractive trade chip to a team that's gunning for a title.
                  Not really. It was another poster who projected an 80-rbi difference. I was just showing that huge projections regarding Heyward are speculation based upon what he might do...not upon what he has done before. And with Pierre leading off, runs and steals could edge closer to prior levels. He has, after all, done it before. And you keep forgetting that $16. In the hands of the right player, that can be a major weapon.

But I still wouldn't do it, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    Not really. It was another poster who projected an 80-rbi difference. I was just showing that huge projections regarding Heyward are speculation based upon what he might do...not upon what he has done before. And with Pierre leading off, runs and steals could edge closer to prior levels. He has, after all, done it before. And you keep forgetting that $16. In the hands of the right player, that can be a major weapon.

But I still wouldn't do it, either.
                    I think that we're both positing best possible scenarios for each player. My theory is that Heyward is on the upswing in a major way, and Pierre is on the downward side of his career and unlikely to post even career norms. But, that's just my opinion.

As far as the 16 bucks is concerned, yes, it could indeed be a major weapon to the right player. But I've also seen people leave double digit money on the table, so I probably don't factor that in as highly as you do.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                      The key word in your reply is 'prospect'; I think a good number of people would have traded a prospect for a given commodity. Just my two cents.
                      That was my thinking as well. A .220 hitter in 123 at bats in 2011. A player who was starting 2012 in AAA. A prospect with three Angels outfielders ahead of him on the depth chart making more than $10 million dollars each. The safer bet had to be the guy coming off a rookie season where he hit .293 with 19 hr and 78 rbi over 5 months and was guaranteed a starting job in the big leagues. I don't think anyone predicted both players going in opposite directions for 2012.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I fell asleep early and just woke up to take some medicine and I checked my email to find this fantastic offer in my inbox:

I give:
                        David Wright

I get:
                        Johan Santana
                        Alen Hansen

I rejected simply with the message, "Ouch".

Comment

I fell asleep early and just woke up to take some medicine and I checked my email to find this fantastic offer in my inbox:

I give:
                          David Wright

I get:
                          Johan Santana
                          Alen Hansen

Wow..

Comment

I give:
                            David Wright

I get:
                            Johan Santana
                            Alen Hansen

I don't even know who Alen Hansen is...and we have a deep minors system.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I don't even know who Alen Hansen is...and we have a deep minors system.
                              A-ball. Pirates. decent power/speed blend, OK plate approach. Not sure what rd he will go in RJEL though. That offer is pretty bad though.
                              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I give:
                                David Wright

I get:
                                Johan Santana
                                Alen Hansen

Unless Johan is $1 and Wright is $35, I don't quite understand the logic behind the offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X