2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    Pete Happy, aka Pedro Feliz? .250-.260 with 20-25 HR and gold glove caliber defense
    That's not a bad comp for him at all, actually. But I will note that while Feliz was ages 29-34 when he playing full time, Dominguez is age 23. That probably doesn't change near-term thoughts about him, but hopefully gives him the opportunity to grow into a better career.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

how about George Springer becoming the first guy to join the 15/15 club this season? Hell of a year he's having in AA

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        What's the lowdown on Matt Dominguez? A bit of a power surge lately.. what's his upside?

Thanks.
        And he's kept it going, with his 10th jack tonight and he's now at a somewhat astonishing 40 RBIs. All this and just 7 walks, and a .290 OBP!

Comment

Jordan Lyles has looked very good. Pitching over his head or does he have the talent to keep it up?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Jordan Lyles has looked very good. Pitching over his head or does he have the talent to keep it up?
            The truth is usually somewhere in between in these sorts of cases, isn't it? Jordan was a first-round pick back in 2008, and he's still one of the youngest starting pitchers in the majors despite being in his third year in the bigs, so he clearly has the talent. He's been throwing strikes with his 93-94 mph fastball and punching them out with a good curveball. But as the Houston TV announcers pointed out tonight, his ERA over his last 7 starts is 1.61, and no pitcher has put up an ERA that low over a whole season since Greg Maddux 20 years ago. It's completely unreasonable to expect Jordan to continue on that pace over the longer term.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

'Stros starters have really done well the last month. Top ERA in baseball over the last 3+ weeks.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Maybe, but the guy is terrible at the plate and is does not look like a starter at all.

Dominguez is making my comment look silly. Can anyone tell me what happened to him?
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  'Stros starters have really done well the last month. Top ERA in baseball over the last 3+ weeks.
                  2.75 in JUne - trailing only Jays (2.06), Royals (2.14) & Braves (2.67)

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Jordan Lyles and Erik Bedard have saved my AL pitching staff this past month after injuries to Morrow and Chen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                      Jordan Lyles and Erik Bedard have saved my AL pitching staff this past month after injuries to Morrow and Chen.
                      Can someone please just tell me when I should have Bedard active? I swear I've had him active for every start that he's sucked, and he's been benched every time he pitches a decent game. He's had one bad game in his recent stretch of awesomeness...that's the one I had him active, and I've been scared to activate him ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                        who woulda thunk that these words would go together.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Dominguez is making my comment look silly. Can anyone tell me what happened to him?
                          .310-8HR at home
                          .176-2HR on the road

258/286/439 3 HR vs lefties, 239/259/410 7HR vs righties. He has learned how to be serviceable against righties at home.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                            Can someone please just tell me when I should have Bedard active? I swear I've had him active for every start that he's sucked, and he's been benched every time he pitches a decent game. He's had one bad game in his recent stretch of awesomeness...that's the one I had him active, and I've been scared to activate him ever since.

Jerry: If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Cisnero coming in as the setup man tonight with a one-run lead in the 8th.

Doug Brocail was about to watch a staff with the worst ERA in Major League Baseball give up 14 runs to the struggling Chicago Cubs. The Astros pitching coach had run through his pregame routine and…

Comment

Methinks he's going to get another opportunity after that performance. Coming from behind to get Molina to ground out, bringing the 96-mph heat to catch Craig looking, fanning Holliday on a high fastball on the outside corner. Nice....

Comment

Working...
                                X