No announcement yet.

Official "Panic Button" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still too early to panic. A perfect example is my local limited bench mixed keeper league, which sees a lot of slumping players getting dropped in April & May, only to be plucked off the wire and then breaking out for another manager. Needless to say, it's a very active waiver wire with a well stocked free agent pool during the first few months. It makes for a very interesting and fun league.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wyatt Langford with a 3-3 game plus a walk yesterday. That's encouraging.
      Last edited by madducks; 04-25-2024, 06:41 AM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Christian Encarnacion-Strand​ is 11-39 in his last 10 games. He should be ok.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Wyatt Langford with a 3-3 game plus a walk yesterday. That's encouraging.
          And zero surprise to anyone who has watched his approach this season.

Comment

I don't have him, but I'm being offered him, so wondering what the panic meter is for Colt Keith. I've never been a huge fan, so I may be biases, but for this year, I'm thinking a panic level of 8. I may deal for him if you guys think the number should be lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I don't have him, but I'm being offered him, so wondering what the panic meter is for Colt Keith. I've never been a huge fan, so I may be biases, but for this year, I'm thinking a panic level of 8. I may deal for him if you guys think the number should be lower.
              I dropped him for Ryan McMahon in my limited bench league. If McMahon wouldn't have been on the wire, I probably would have stuck with Keith. But, he is in danger of being demoted if he doesn't break out soon, which i doubt he will this year. Maybe 2025 will be his year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Awesome thread, revo!

Comment

Stott hits 2 HRs yesterday
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Some new ones:
                    Randy Arozarena - just not hitting. Probably just a slump. Panic Meter - 3.

Ryan Noda - hitting just .139. As he was a Rule V pick who had a surprising year, it wouldn't shock me to see him demoted to AAA soon, especially as the A's have an OF/DH crunch. Panic Meter - 9.

Javier Baez - probably only rostered in the deepest of leagues, or AL-onlies, but yet another terrible year for him. He's toast. Panic Meter - 10.

James Outman - .173/.256/.284. Probably has a lot of goodwill from last season, but when Heyward returns, Pages may not be the one on the outs. Panic Meter - 6.

Corbin Carroll - .191/.294/.236. Terrible start to the season. The D'backs have also dropped him to 7th in the order. He's not going anywhere, and probably is a great buy low. Panic Meter - 3.

Jack Suwinski - .178 with 2 HRs. Panic Meter - 6.

Alex Bregman - 0 HRs through 97 ABs. I'm not worried. Panic Meter - 4.

Ceddane Rafaela - .194/.226/.357. He's producing, just not getting on base. Still.....Panic Meter - 4.

Spencer Torkelson - 0 HRs. Panic Meter - 4.

Jackson Chourio - another top prospect struggling. .202/.248/.351. Maybe this isn't his year? Panic Meter - 6.

Brett Baty - losing playing time to Mark Vientos, especially vs RHPs. Panic Meter - 5.

Joe Musgrove - 6.94 ERA, 1.66 WHIP. Just 6.9 K/9. Panic Meter - 4.

Michael King - 5.00 ERA, 1.47 WHIP. 2.5 HR/9. Panic Meter - 6.

Mike Soroka - 6.83 ERA, 1.69 WHIP, a measly 4.0 K/9 (what is this, 1982?). If for some reason you're still rostering him, the party's over. Panic Meter - 10.

Triston McKenzie - the 4.91 ERA isn't terrible, the 7.0 BB/9 is. Over his last two (injury riddled) seasons, he has issued 30 BBs in 38 IP. Cleveland-area reporters are bracing for bad news on his arm. Panic Meter - 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post

Nolan Jones. Ugh WTF man I know you were a free swinger but this is ridiculous. Hoping warm weather in Coors is the cure. 6 on the worry meter.
                      Jones to the IL. Jordan Beck recalled.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        It's still too early to panic. A perfect example is my local limited bench mixed keeper league, which sees a lot of slumping players getting dropped in April & May, only to be plucked off the wire and then breaking out for another manager. Needless to say, it's a very active waiver wire with a well stocked free agent pool during the first few months. It makes for a very interesting and fun league.
                        I disagree

Never too early to panic
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Brett Baty - losing playing time to Mark Vientos, especially vs RHPs. Panic Meter - 5.
                          Vientos demoted to AAA, crisis averted. Still not playing well. Panic Meter dropped to 4.

Comment

Ryan Noda - hitting just .139. As he was a Rule V pick who had a surprising year, it wouldn't shock me to see him demoted to AAA soon, especially as the A's have an OF/DH crunch. Panic Meter - 9
                            demoted to AAA

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

And zero surprise to anyone who has watched his approach this season.
                              1-20 since. Zero power. Panic Meter remains at 7. 8 nearing.

Comment

1-20 since. Zero power. Panic Meter remains at 7. 8 nearing.
                                nope, Panic Meter remains at 1

Comment

Working...
                                X