Official "Panic Button" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official "Panic Button" Thread

Here are the ground rules: post a player on one of your teams who you're seriously concerned about and give a rating on a scale from 1-10 of your concern. Could be stars or minor players, as it depends on the depth of your league.

Christian Encarnacion-Strand - .182/.188./312. Far more concerning is his gruesome 1 BB and 24 Ks in 77 ABs. If the Reds had the depth they did before their spate of injuries, I'm pretty sure he'd be back at AAA. They could move Steer to 1B and use Fairchild more, but that's not ideal. Mike Ford is playing well at AAA. I could see the Reds sending him down if he doesn't turn things around soon. Panic Level -- 9.

Gavin Lux - has been horrific in a tremendous Dodger lineup. They were already so concerned about his defense that they moved him to 2B, and now his putrid .152/.206/.170 line isn't doing him any favors. Panic Level - 9.

Nolan Schanuel - .167/.292/.222. Has one extra base hit this season. No longer plays vs. LHPs. Miguel Sano is hitting well. Schanuel was fast-tracked to the majors, not sure if it's worked out as hoped. Panic Level - 10.

Wyatt Langford - was all the rage in spring training. He's been nowhere near those levels, and while he hasn't sucked, he hasn't been good. 0 HRs, .240/.314/.291 line. Dropped to 7th in the order now. Panic Level - 6.

Whit Merrifield - I get it, he's old. But I thought he would still be playing 3 to 4 out of every 5 games in a utility role. Now he only plays vs LHPs, and not very well mind you. His SBs have dried up because, well, you can't steal 1st. Panic Level - 10.

Comment

Colt Keith - they gave him the big contract without any major league experience, and he's rewarded them with a measly .183/.247/.197 line. Has 4 runs and 1 XBH in 71 ABs. They could send him down, but what's the point? They already paid him the big bucks. Maybe they don't demote him, but he might lose playing time, as he hasn't hit LHPs worth a lick. Panic Level - 5.

Chris Taylor - 2 for 38. 50% K rate. They just called up Andy Pages. Almost certainly is droppable even in deep fantasy leagues. Panic Level - 10.

Nick Castellanos - .187/.256/.213. 1 XBH in 75 ABs. Obviously isn't going anywhere, probably just a slow start. Might even be a great buy-low guy. Panic Level - 2.

Henry Davis - another spring training darling off to a slow start. .182/.288/.236 line. Probably droppable in all but the deepest of leagues. Could rebound, but to what? We have no idea what he is. Panic Level - 7.

Esteury Ruiz - most owners may have already hit the panic button on him after he was shockingly demoted (he was already dropped in my 16tm redraft after being an 8th rd pick), and while he's back, the A's are still not using him on a regular basis as he's started only 1 of 4 games since his return, and now Brent Rooker is back. And let's remember this is a guy who's been in 4 different organizations already. I could definitely foresee a 5th coming up. Probably will help in SBs, but likely nowhere near the 67 he had last season. If you drafted/kept him, Panic Level - 10. If you picked him off waivers already, Panic Level - 5.

Comment

I like the thread idea

Spencer Torkelsson - No HR, anemic slugging. Everything else is ok. - 5

​​​​​​​Jordan Walker - not hitting, not playing -- 8
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Jordan Walker! Is this guy Jo Adell or what? 8 on the worry meter.

Nolan Jones. Ugh WTF man I know you were a free swinger but this is ridiculous. Hoping warm weather in Coors is the cure. 6 on the worry meter.

Comment

Some others I don't have any shares of:

Toast (Panic Level 10)
            Jose Abreu - 4 for 59
            Andrew Benintendi - 12 for 76
            Jackson Holliday - 1 for 30 (wow). Maybe his promotion was a little too soon
            Andrew Vaughn - 11 for 72
            Austin Hays - 5 for 45 and seemingly lost his job for good to Colton Cowser
            Victor Scott - 5 for 59
            Austin Wells - 3 for 33
            Hunter Brown - 9.68 ERA, 2.49 WHIP
            AJ Puk - 9.22 ERA, 2.63 WHIP
            DL Hall - 7.71 ERA, 2.27 WHIP
            Chris Paddack - 8.36 ERA, 2.07 WHIP

Sweating Bullets (Panic Level 9)
            Paul Goldschmidt - 14 for 78, 1 XBH
            Byron Buxton - .217/.247/.333. 0 HRs, 1 BB, 25 Ks
            Peter Fairbanks - 9.00 ERA, 2.29 WHIP

It's Gettin Hot in Here (Panic Level 8)
            Max Fried - 7.71 ERA, 1.96 WHIP

They Should be Fine, Right? (Panic Level 7)
            Kevin Gausman, 8.16 ERA, 1.74 WHIP
            Jesus Luzardo, 6.58 ERA, 1.42 WHIP
            Josh Hader, 8.38 ERA, 1.66 WHIP

Comment

Hader is a buy low for me, a couple rough outings for sure but he has 16Ks in 9 2/3 IP and a 2.79 FIP.

Comment

Peter Fairbanks - 9.00 ERA, 2.29 WHIP
                And now Fairbanks to the IL

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Wyatt Langford - was all the rage in spring training. He's been nowhere near those levels, and while he hasn't sucked, he hasn't been good. 0 HRs, .240/.314/.291 line. Dropped to 7th in the order now. Panic Level - 6.
                  He looks terrible. I’m upping the Panic Meter to 7.

Comment

He looks terrible. I’m upping the Panic Meter to 7.
                    Scouting the stat line? He looks far from terrible if you watch him. What were your expectations on Langford coming in? I have 0 shares because the price was too high but he just looks like a talented guy who is learning to hit mlb pitchers. Nothing abnormal at all.

Panic Meter 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Scouting the stat line? He looks far from terrible if you watch him. What were your expectations on Langford coming in? I have 0 shares because the price was too high but he just looks like a talented guy who is learning to hit mlb pitchers. Nothing abnormal at all.

Panic Meter 1.
                      Of course I've been watching, I have the Rangers and/or Orioles on every day. This isn't 1989 and you're stuck with your home team, lol.

He's been swinging at balls outside the strike zone, and he hasn't shown much power at all. His EV and Hard Hit% are sub-average. He's looking like a massive overpayment for anyone who took him in the 50-60 range (my expectation was 60-70), and if he continues this, he could definitely find himself back in the minors.

Panic Meter remains at 7.

Comment

Panic Meter remains at 7.
                        Hah ok I guess this is your thread to post in and other options aren't valid because... well because you say so!

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Jordan Walker - not hitting, not playing -- 8
                          Should've been a 10 -- demoted to AAA today.

Comment

He didn't play on 4/21 or 4/22, so I upgraded to a 9. Then went 0 for 3 on 4/23, and I updated to a 10. I just forgot to post the updates !
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

nope, Panic Meter remains at 8.

Comment

Working...
                              X