2024 SeaDogStat Memorial League Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    My projections show the standings in reverse order.
    Why do you hate ADP ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      So I was just thinking how much luck I'll need to compete in this, and it reminded me of the old RJ guy who asserted that fantasy baseball was all luck. That and he let his dogs crap in his neighbors yard. Anyone remember that guy ? I think he was a librarian.
      I haven't seen Mith in awhile. I'm going to have to go visit him at the library and have some copies made. I wonder if they got that machine fixed yet.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I haven't seen Mith in awhile. I'm going to have to go visit him at the library and have some copies made. I wonder if they got that machine fixed yet.
        that machine sucks

Comment

My projections show the standings in reverse order.
          exactly reverse? that's hard to imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post

Well that's just silly. Ants can't read human writing so making it smaller won't have an impact.

How about this version?​

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 2.49.48 PM.png

My AVG punt looks obvious based on this. I was surprised no one else punted it. Also surprising that I didn't do better in other categories with that punt, hah.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Why do you hate ADP ?
              I don't hate ADP. I don't think it works very well when picking at one of the ends of a 15-teamer. You have to pay more attention to positions in the early part of the draft. You have to try to anticipate and get ahead of position runs so you don't get shut out if one starts right after your pick. That's why I reached on Skubal, Lewis, Phillips, Scott, & Ruiz in rounds 3-7. I didn't think any of them would last another 26 picks.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

exactly reverse? that's hard to imagine.
                Spoiler alert: My projections are in my head.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Spoiler alert: My projections are in my head.
                  Would those be astral projections?

Would it be better if someone else's projections were in your head? Or your projections were in someone else's head?
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                  RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post

Would those be astral projections?

Would it be better if someone else's projections were in your head? Or your projections were in someone else's head?
                    That sounds about right.

No and no.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't hate ADP. I don't think it works very well when picking at one of the ends of a 15-teamer. You have to pay more attention to positions in the early part of the draft. You have to try to anticipate and get ahead of position runs so you don't get shut out if one starts right after your pick. That's why I reached on Skubal, Lewis, Phillips, Scott, & Ruiz in rounds 3-7. I didn't think any of them would last another 26 picks.
                      You didn’t think they would last based on… what? Adp?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

You didn’t think they would last based on… what? Adp?
                        Based on the chance that someone else bumped that player up in their ADP rankings.

I'm always worried that someone else may have also bumped my targeted player up in their rankings just as I did with mine. So I tend to reach for my targets. Especially when picking near or on the turn.

Doesn't everyone have players that they feel are ranked too low?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Based on the chance that someone else bumped that player up in their ADP rankings.

I'm always worried that someone else may have also bumped my targeted player up in their rankings just as I did with mine. So I tend to reach for my targets. Especially when picking near or on the turn.

Doesn't everyone have players that they feel are ranked too low?
                          Oh for sure, everyone does!

It just makes me laugh when people say they don't care about or use ADP but they have to take this guy because they don't think he'll be there next time (which is just basically... ADP).

I think it's natural, everyone wants to buck the trend and not follow the market, I do too, but ultimately ADP is a guide to tell you not who to pick but rather who will likely get picked by your next turn if you don't take them now.

Comment

My queue is fighting for it's life.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And we finished in record (?) time: 12 days + 4 hours + 4 minutes.

Even the West Coast couldn't slow us down.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And we finished in record (?) time: 12 days + 4 hours + 4 minutes.

Even the West Coast couldn't slow us down.
                                You east coast guys need to relax and savor the moment. Maybe add an S to your name.
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X