Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA List" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I have Wyatt Langford, Pete Crow-Armstrong, and Jackson Merril.

Last year I had four of the top 25 and emerged with Gunnar and Elly. I hope it goes as well this season.

The guy on the fence is Colt Kieth. How soon is he expected and how high is the upside?
    I added Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes in the draft and traded for Masyn Winn with 10 picks still to go. I'll have a shot but building for next year

Our league has added K/BB as a stat. Do any of the pitchers get a significant bump in that light?
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I added Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes in the draft and traded for Masyn Winn with 10 picks still to go. I'll have a shot but building for next year

Our league has added K/BB as a stat. Do any of the pitchers get a significant bump in that light?
      Well, I might give Yamamoto and Imanaga a bump, particularly the former. I might also bump up Jackson Jobe and Christian Scott based on last year's performance. And, altho he hasnt pitched yet as a pro, I'd consider bumping Rhett Lowder. too.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post

Well, I might give Yamamoto and Imanaga a bump, particularly the former. I might also bump up Jackson Jobe and Christian Scott based on last year's performance. And, altho he hasnt pitched yet as a pro, I'd consider bumping Rhett Lowder. too.
        Perfect.

Yamamoto and Imanaga are long gone but Jobe is on our short list and Scott on the long one. I'l circle Lowder for the late going.

Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Perfect.

Yamamoto and Imanaga are long gone but Jobe is on our short list and Scott on the long one. I'l circle Lowder for the late going.

I should point out that a bump up in value to me doesnt necessarily mean a significant bump in the rankings.so. E.g., I wouldnt move up Yamamoto at all, since he's already (#9 on my posted list. I'm thinking I wouldnt move up any of the others more than 3-5 spots or so.
          Last edited by rhd; 03-09-2024, 08:46 PM.

Comment

In my 16-team H2H league, my 2023 season was derailed by Wander Franco and major pitching injuries. Taking lumps in April to shine in September has been a winning strategy, so I decided to reload targeting players I hoped to contribute in the playoffs.

I leaned on your list and Fan Graphs' Top 100, so I thought a side-by-side would be interesting. The final column is potential years of control.

The last two don't fit with the rest. They are long-term fliers.
            RHD FG Name Team Age Highest Level Position O Yrs
            5 2 Wyatt Langford TEX 22.3 AAA LF 5
            6 9 Dylan Crews WSN 22 AA CF 2
            8 20 Pete Crow-Armstrong CHC 21.9 MLB CF 3
            10 10 Paul Skenes PIT 21.7 AA SP 2
            18 30 Jackson Merrill SDP 20.8 AA SS 4
            24 23 Coby Mayo BAL 22.2 AAA RF 4
            29 25 Masyn Winn STL 21.9 MLB SS 5
            35 29 Chase DeLauter CLE 22.4 AA RF 4
            59 22 Mick Abel PHI 22.5 AAA SP 3
            66 16 Jackson Jobe DET 21.5 AA SP 5
            41 N/A Roki Sasaki JPN 22.4 N/A SP 6
            50 N/A JJ Wetherholt NCAA 21.3 N/A 2B 6

Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-09-2024, 04:35 PM.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Thanx, J. It's a high compliment to be compared w FG.

The 2 names that we disagreed the most on were Jobe and Abel. I was too low on Jobe and had already moved him up to (#47 and I probably still have him too low. I've heard he might even be called up later this year. I still think FG is too high on Abel and they are the high man on him in the industry. He's now (#72 for me.

The top 2024 draftee for me now is Travis Bazzana, who is having a terrific year. Wetherholt is still out w a hamstring injury. Charlie Condon of Georgia is now challenging both of them for the top spot, as he is having an astronomical year so far.

Comment

rhd, what do you make of Leo De Vries and Jose Perdomo? And will you publish another list for opening day? You undersell yourself and the quality of your rankings btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  rhd, what do you make of Leo De Vries and Jose Perdomo? And will you publish another list for opening day? You undersell yourself and the quality of your rankings btw.
                  Thanx, Sharky. You're very kind. I will publish a new list around opening day (wow, it's almost here!). I dont feel I undersell myself at all. I've always been surprised so many people here pay attention to it. I'm not a scout, just an "educated fan". All I can do is look at stats and read scouting reports of actual scouts. I do see some of these players in person but what I see is not the same thing as what a scout sees. All the list has ever been is just my personal list that I use for my own drafts and that I post publicly from time to time. It maybe is a little unique because I include amateurs and foreign players while most other sites dont.

DeVries seems to be one of the best young Latin players to come along. At 17.3 years old, he was one of the youngest players to ever appear on a BA Top 100 list (Miguel Sano is the only one I can think of who was younger). That's quite a statement right there. And add to that the fact that FG ranked him as high as (#38 on their list, altho they havent published a scouting report yet. BA's report rates him average or above in all 5 tools w an overall grade of 60, that he has an advanced offensive approach for his age and that he could develop into an impact player at either SS, 2B or 3B. He currently is (#85 on my list.

BA also rates Perdomo as average or above in all 5 tools but indicates that there is more risk involved w him than w De Vries. He currently is not too far off my top 150 at (#190.
                  Last edited by rhd; 03-22-2024, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Thanx, Sharky. You're very kind. I will publish a new around opening day (wow, it's almost here!). I dont feel I undersell myself at all. I've always been surprised so many people here pay attention to it. I'm not a scout, just an "educated fan". All I can do is look at stats and read scouting reports of actual scouts. I do see some of these players in person but what I see is not the same thing as what a scout sees. All the list has ever been is just my personal list that I use for my own drafts and that I post publicly from time to time. It maybe is a little unique because I include amateurs and foreign players while most other sites dont.
                    I agree with Sharky - your list is great. And typically you are ahead on all the foreign guys.

On this years list I haven't commented yet but I think you are low on Langford, but you may have moved him up since this list was published. Langford is Home in my opinion.

Comment

Thanx, J. It's a high compliment to be compared w FG.

The 2 names that we disagreed the most on were Jobe and Abel. I was too low on Jobe and had already moved him up to (#47 and I probably still have him too low. I've heard he might even be called up later this year. I still think FG is too high on Abel and they are the high man on him in the industry. He's now (#72 for me.

The top 2024 draftee for me now is Travis Bazzana, who is having a terrific year. Wetherholt is still out w a hamstring injury. Charlie Condon of Georgia is now challenging both of them for the top spot, as he is having an astronomical year so far.
                      I snagged Bazzana and Wetherholt in our res. draft last nigh. Thank you sir!

Comment

You're welcome sir! I got Bazzana in my draft yesterday (also got Ethan Holliday, for which I was teased) and others picked Wetherholt, Condon, Caglianone and Chase Burns.

Comment

You're welcome sir! I got Bazzana in my draft yesterday (also got Ethan Holliday, for which I was teased) and others picked Wetherholt, Condon, Caglianone and Chase Burns.
                          Congrats!

In todays NL only 5x5 we have a 13 round reserve draft after the auction. I got Condon, Bazzana, and Wetherholt. Yesterday's was the AL only version. Guaranteed to have two of them.

Comment

Rhd, I took a flyer on Roman Anthony in our AL league. When do you think he sees mlb? And if just a cup of coffee, when is his likely first real season? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              Rhd, I took a flyer on Roman Anthony in our AL league. When do you think he sees mlb? And if just a cup of coffee, when is his likely first real season? Thanks!!
                              I would predict he gets only a late-season callup this year and if he continues performing well he will get a shot at regular PT in MLB in 2025.

Comment

Working...
                              X