Ranking Hurt Pitchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Max Scherzer to the list.

Max Scherzer will be sidelined until next June or July after undergoing back surgery on Thursday.

Scherzer exited Game 3 of the World Series due to back tightness, which seemed like a minor concern at the time. Fast forward nearly two months and the decision was made to undergo surgery for a herniated disc.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Add Max Scherzer to the list.

Max Scherzer will be sidelined until next June or July after undergoing back surgery on Thursday.

Scherzer exited Game 3 of the World Series due to back tightness, which seemed like a minor concern at the time. Fast forward nearly two months and the decision was made to undergo surgery for a herniated disc.
      Geesh, the MASH Unit is getting full!

Comment

I heard the $700M man won't be pitching this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I heard the $700M man won't be pitching this year...
          That's right, Yahoo keeper league managers will have a chance to stash a cheap Ohtani (the pitcher). The big question is whether or not Yahoo can put Ohtani (the pitcher) on the IL while keeping Ohtani (the hitter) active. He's more valuable as an IL stash than as a bench stash.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Tony Gonsolin
            Dustin May
            Kyle Wright

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

That's right, Yahoo keeper league managers will have a chance to stash a cheap Ohtani (the pitcher). The big question is whether or not Yahoo can put Ohtani (the pitcher) on the IL while keeping Ohtani (the hitter) active. He's more valuable as an IL stash than as a bench stash.
              Pretty sure they shouldn't put him on the IL since he's not actually on the IL. That would be a really bad precedent to set.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Pretty sure they shouldn't put him on the IL since he's not actually on the IL. That would be a really bad precedent to set.
                Yeah, it was mostly wishful thinking on my part because my league only has four bench spots. He's going to be a difficult stash for someone if he's forcing them to play the entire season with a short bench.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

they are already doing not real stuff though by having him as two players in their database. Ohtani the pitcher, in their made up world, is on the IL
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

they are already doing not real stuff though by having him as two players in their database. Ohtani the pitcher, in their made up world, is on the IL
                    The issue is more about, if you don’t follow the mlb IL is it just the Wild West? Random reliever gets a blister and can’t pitch a few days why can’t I put him on fake IL?

At some point you have to have a solid backing for injured/not injured and the only one I know of is the official IL list

Comment

I understand that, I'm just saying, if you are already cloning players and pretending, they are two different people, you've exited grounded reality and should just go with it.

Comment

I understand that, I'm just saying, if you are already cloning players and pretending, they are two different people, you've exited grounded reality and should just go with it.
                        You must really hate modern basketball, everyone plays multiple "positions"

Comment

You must really hate modern basketball, everyone plays multiple "positions"
                          Are the platforms creating different players for each position? Is anyone not able to play 2B this season while actively playing SS?

Comment

Are the platforms creating different players for each position? Is anyone not able to play 2B this season while actively playing SS?
                            3 month callback? I have no idea what point you were even trying to make at this point.

Comment

What do you do with Garritt Cole and his stress fractures?
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                What do you do with Garritt Cole and his stress fractures?
                                Probably the same thing you were doing with most of these pitchers - if you already drafted them, put them on the IL, otherwise likely avoid

Comment

Working...
                                X