2K24 - Wyatt Langford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Langford's bat is the Holy Grail.

This team is serious about putting out a solid defense, but a DH who spots in the OF is doable.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Ken
      Ken commented
      Editing a comment
      Langford's defense in the minors got good review last though right? They won't straight DH him but a rotation makes sense.

I doubt that he's exclusively DH but all three OFs are much better with the glove. He can spell the corners but I don't see regular PT unless there is an injury.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      I doubt that he's exclusively DH but all three OFs are much better with the glove. He can spell the corners but I don't see regular PT unless there is an injury.
      Leody has the elite range and Bombi has the elite arm. However Carter and Langford aren't that different in the field from what I've seen. Remember, defensive scouting reports based on college aren't very useful, he was transitioning from catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Leody has the elite range and Bombi has the elite arm. However Carter and Langford aren't that different in the field from what I've seen. Remember, defensive scouting reports based on college aren't very useful, he was transitioning from catcher.
        Langford would be in position if Carter has a sophomore slump.

Still, my best guess is that he DHs initially. Injuries are inevitable and he will get his chance in the field.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Langford would be in position if Carter has a sophomore slump.

Still, my best guess is that he DHs initially. Injuries are inevitable and he will get his chance in the field.
          I guess… what I’ve noted previously is that Carter and Langford aren’t actually that far apart defensively. It doesn’t seem like you are refuting that here.

Rare that a team would bring a guy up to just DH

Wont actually take a slump for Langford to split time in the OF. Langford is 10 months older than Carter and both are elite prospects. Honestly they should be treated pretty similarly. Obviously different skill sets, Carter with the obp Langford with the power. But not that far apart as far tas the Rangers are concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

I guess… what I’ve noted previously is that Carter and Langford aren’t actually that far apart defensively. It doesn’t seem like you are refuting that here.

Rare that a team would bring a guy up to just DH

Wont actually take a slump for Langford to split time in the OF. Langford is 10 months older than Carter and both are elite prospects. Honestly they should be treated pretty similarly. Obviously different skill sets, Carter with the obp Langford with the power. But not that far apart as far tas the Rangers are concerned.
            We are not disagreeing.

DH is a way to ease Langford into the majors.

If it were not for the big gun in RF, Garcia is the logical one to DH. He's on the wrong side of 30.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

FG now is projecting Langford as a starting DH to begin the season.

Comment

Langford so far: .304/.414/.826 with 4 HRs and 9 RBIs in 23 ABs

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  It's going to be very interesting to see how much Langford and Skenes go for in my upcoming auction.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

If Langford hits like that out of the gate my team may survive Acuna being out most of April.

I have him for five more years though he gets expensive the last two.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

If Langford hits like that out of the gate my team may survive Acuna being out most of April.

I have him for five more years though he gets expensive the last two.
                      Where are you seeing Acuna will miss most of April? He's already back in camp doing normal baseball activities.

Comment

Where are you seeing Acuna will miss most of April? He's already back in camp doing normal baseball activities.
                        I haven't and was not thinking of that injury.

Acuna is my top player. I was assuming the worst that I might survive. Last year Shane Bieber, Felix Bautista, and Wander Franco went south in a two week period. I didn't survive.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I haven't and was not thinking of that injury.

Acuna is my top player. I was assuming the worst that I might survive. Last year Shane Bieber, Felix Bautista, and Wander Franco went south in a two week period. I didn't survive.
                          Those hypothetical injuries are the worst.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X