No announcement yet.

2023-24 Free Agent Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another consideration with Snell is that over the last 2 seasons (at least) he has started the year off terribly. Seems like he needs longer than most to ramp up so the late start here can't be good for his prospects.

Comment

• on the 2025 front, Phillies extend Wheeler for 3 year/126M

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        on the 2025 front, Phillies extend Wheeler for 3 year/126M
        He's come a long way from his days with the Mets.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          on the 2025 front, Phillies extend Wheeler for 3 year/126M
          True, but it is hard for me to to ignore the upside we saw last year. I get it was a perfect storm of success for him, but I think folks are a little too down on the guy. He walked a ton of batters, but did it with purpose--he pitched around guys who would hurt him to get to guys who wouldn't. It's not like he has no command. I have him at a price that is decent for his current projections, but amazing if he somehow get close to last year's numbers. Still, it is really dumb he is waiting this out. I doubt he ends up with a better deal than he could have gotten 3 months ago. He is just hurting himself at this point.

I'm sure he sees a deal like Wheeler just got and says to himself, why can't I get remotely close to that kind of money per year, I'm just as good! But he hasn't been consistent and doesn't pitch deep. His ego seems to have gotten in the way of reality.

Comment

• Nationals sign OF Eddie Rosario for 1 year/$4 million.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Nationals sign OF Eddie Rosario for 1 year/$4 million.
              The Nats remind me of a Roto team throwing darts at picking up once-useful players with money left in the end-game/reserve rounds. During the past two months they've signed Matt Barnes, Zach Davies, Eddie Rosario, Jesse Winker & Joey Gallo.
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Pirates sign LHP Eric Lauer to a minor league contract.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post

The Nats remind me of a Roto team throwing darts at picking up once-useful players with money left in the end-game/reserve rounds. During the past two months they've signed Matt Barnes, Zach Davies, Eddie Rosario, Jesse Winker & Joey Gallo.
                  Funny and apt analogy. Do any of these guys have enough left in the tank to be useful in NL 5x5 leagues? Rosario maybe maybe?

Comment

• Blue Jays sign 1B Joey Votto to a minor league contract. After 17 years in Cincinnati, Votto will now be playing in his native Ontario.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• White Sox sign RHP Brad Keller to a minor league contract.

Mariners sign RHP Ryne Stanek.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Blue Jays sign 1B Joey Votto to a minor league contract. After 17 years in Cincinnati, Votto will now be playing in his native Ontario.
                        None of the Blue Jays minor league teams play in Ontario

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

None of the Blue Jays minor league teams play in Ontario
                          I'm confident that Votto will be playing in Toronto. Even if he is just a part-time DH and pinch hitter.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm confident that Votto will be playing in Toronto. Even if he is just a part-time DH and pinch hitter.
                            Yes, if even just for ticket sales

Comment

I'm sure you're right. I was just giving you a hard time since it's a minor league deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post

Yes, if even just for ticket sales
                                Don't forget the jersey sales.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X