No announcement yet.

2023-24 Free Agent Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigers sign 3B Gio Urshela for 1 year/ $1.5 million.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Rays sign RHP Phil Maton for 1 year/ $6.5 million

Brewers sign RHP Jakob Junis for 1 year/ $7million.

Reds sign INF Josh Harrison to a minor league deal.
      Is that because all of the Reds young infielders will be on their major league roster, so they needed someone to play at AAA? Because the Reds seem like the last team that needs any more infielders. lol

2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
        Is that because all of the Reds young infielders will be on their major league roster, so they needed someone to play at AAA? Because the Reds seem like the last team that needs any more infielders. lol
        Jonathan India has been on the trading block all winter. So, maybe they expect to deal him soon.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Reds get another infielder.

Reds sign 1B Mike Ford to a minor league contract. The deal is for $1.3 million, if he makes the team.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• One of free agency’s top hitters reached an agreement overnight, as center fielder Cody Bellinger is in agreement with the Cubs on a three-year, $80MM deal per Jeff Passan of ESPN. Per Passan, the deal includes opt-outs following the 2024 and 2025 seasons. Passan adds that the deal is slightly frontloaded, with Bellinger making $30MM in 2024 and 2025 with a $20MM salary in 2026.​

Comment

Tigers sign 3B Gio Urshela for 1 year/ $1.5 million.
              I thought he was off the board when the Jays signed IKF. I think he'd have rebounded playing half his games in the SkyDome.

For a team ready to take the next step, they sure haven't done much to help the offense this offseason.
              Last edited by virgonomic; 02-25-2024, 07:10 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post

I thought he was off the board when the Jays signed IKF. I think he'd have rebounded playing half his games in the SkyDome.

For a team ready to take the next step, they sure haven't done much to help the offense this offseason (Turner?), bat I guess someone like Soler/Brantley/Chapman could still happen.
                Soler signed with the Giants, so he’s no longer an option.
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post

Soler signed with the Giants, so he’s no longer an option.
                  And Brantley retired.

I've been updating the first post of this thread all winter to show who is still available.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cubs sign 1B/OF Garrett Cooper to a minor league contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cardinals sign SS Brandon Crawford for 1 year/ $2 million..
                      Last edited by madducks; 03-01-2024, 12:16 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Giants sign 3B Matt Chapman for 3 years/ $54 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Red Sox sign 1B C.J. Cron to a minor league contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Diamondbacks sign 2B/SS Elvis Andrus to a minor league contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Diamondbacks sign 2B/SS Elvis Andrus to a minor league contract.
                              Weird, right?

Comment

• At what point should we begin devaluing Snell and Montgomery? There is evidence that pitchers who get a late start in Spring Training underperform expected production. That data may be skewed by those who miss time due to injury, but it clearly is less than ideal that they have not signed yet. I have Snell at a slightly below value contract and I was happy to keep him a month ago, but with each passing day, I am beginning to think his late signing will negatively impact him. How much, I'm not sure. Anyone have any facts and opinions on what, if any, impact signing a week or so before the season should have on these arms?

My keeper deadline is March 15th. If Snell hasn't signed by then, it is going to be tough for me to justify keeping the two time Cy Young winner who is in his prime (what a unique player he is that he is still unsigned despite just winning a Cy Young and being healthy--I can't think of another example of a player with his resume).

Comment

Working...
                                X