Power/speed players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Yeah, it might be a record year for 20/20 players, at least in the minors.
    And now confirmation that this is true. MLB.com has an article today saying that the 33 MiLB players that have had a 20-20 season this year is a new record, breaking the old record of 27 set last year. It's also possible that the major league record might be broken, too. 17 MLBers have accomplished this in 2023 and the record is 19 set in 1999. Link: https://www.mlb.com/news/prospects-s...eline-coverage

Comment

And now confirmation that this is true. MLB.com has an article today saying that the 33 MiLB players that have had a 20-20 season this year is a new record, breaking the old record of 27 set last year. It's also possible that the major league record might be broken, too. 17 MLBers have accomplished this in 2023 and the record is 19 set in 1999. Link: https://www.mlb.com/news/prospects-s...eline-coverage
      Here's the players who are close (3 or less needed)

20/20
      Josh Lowe and Christian Yelich both need 1 HR.
      Chas McKormick needs 1 SB.
      Xander Boegarts needs 1 HR & 1 SB.
      Nolan Jones needs 1 HR & 3 SB.
      CJ Abrams, Jazz Chisholm, TJ Friedl, & Michael Harris all need 2 HR.
      Ha-Seong Kim needs 3 HR.

30/30
      Bobby Witt needs 1 HR
      Kyle Tucker needs 1 HR & 1 SB.
      Francisco Lindor needs 3 HR.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Pretty impressive for Nolan Jones since he was not called up until after the Rockies' 50th game this year.

Comment

Josh Lowe just homered and joined the 20/20 club.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And Acuna had 2 more SBs to become the first ever 40-70 player.

Comment

And Lindor hit 3 HRs today to join the 30-30 club.

Comment

And Lindor hit 3 HRs today to join the 30-30 club.
                Wow! Talk about going for it.

Lindor has quietly put together a good season (104 R, 96 RBI) despite the ugly slash line (.254/.334/.469).

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And Acuna had 2 more SBs to become the first ever 40-70 player.
                  I would have been more impressed with 50/50. But, I guess that's good too.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Today, Lane Thomas joined the MLB 20-20 club (27 HR, 20 SB).

Also, George Springer joined recently (21 HR 20 SB).
                    I had zero idea Lane Thomas was doing that well. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

I would have been more impressed with 50/50. But, I guess that's good too.
                      The fact that Acuna was able to do what he did this year makes you think that he could possibly have a 50-50 season in the future, which seems mind-boggling. I mean he's only 25 y/o so he very well could have even more upside.

Comment

Bobby Witt needs 1 HR and 2 SBs for 30-50
                        Kyle Tucker needs 1 HR and 1 SB for 30-30
                        Trea Turner needs 4 HRs and 1 SB for 30-30
                        Fernando Tatis needs 5 HRs and 1 SB for 30-30

Comment

The fact that Acuna was able to do what he did this year makes you think that he could possibly have a 50-50 season in the future, which seems mind-boggling. I mean he's only 25 y/o so he very well could have even more upside.
                          The same could be said about 22 year-old Julio Rodriguez who joined the 30/30 club in his second season after just missing it because of injury during his rookie season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Nolan Jones homered and stole a base on Sunday to join the 20/20 club on the final day of the season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Nolan Jones homered and stole a base on Sunday to join the 20/20 club on the final day of the season.
                              In just 106 games. Really a 30-30 pace. (he had 32/25 if you include minors)

Comment

The real question is, how much is speed devalued for next season? Meaning, we all chased power/speed guys, but if everyone and their mother is stealing 20 bags, is there a Moneyball aspect to this, such as looking more at power/OBP(BA) or speed/OBP(BA) guys? You'll still need speed of course, but if you can get by with lower speed types, this is probably the angle to take. For example, is a player like Michael Harris, who had a season up to his pre-season projections, downgraded from his pre-season 3rd rd value to maybe more like a 6th rder?

Comment

Working...
                                X