Power/speed players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironfist View Post

Maybe he'll be the first to do it and make the HOF?
    I think the old-timers committee will eventually vote in guys like Bonds, ARod, McGwire, Clemens, & Ramirez. No matter what they did they are still a big part of baseball history. It seems silly to punish the fans who could care less about what these players did off the field. Ditto for Pete Rose. Although it may take a while longer for him.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

I think the old-timers committee will eventually vote in guys like Bonds, ARod, McGwire, Clemens, & Ramirez. No matter what they did they are still a big part of baseball history. It seems silly to punish the fans who could care less about what these players did off the field. Ditto for Pete Rose. Although it may take a while longer for him.
      Maybe if Rose was more apologetic or something he'd have had a shot. At this rate, I don't see him making the Hall while he's alive. I think you're right about the rest, though McGwire might be on the outs if they view him as a one dimensional player.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post

Maybe if Rose was more apologetic or something he'd have had a shot. At this rate, I don't see him making the Hall while he's alive. I think you're right about the rest, though McGwire might be on the outs if they view him as a one dimensional player.
        Yeah, that's what I meant when I said Rose may take a while longer. He probably won't get a chance to give a speech and thank everyone unless he puts one on video now and tells his lawyer to make it public after his enshrinement. That would be the Pete Rose thing to do.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Julio Rodriguez homered on Monday and became the second player to join the 30-30 club this season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Trea Turner joined the 20/20 club yesterday. 20 HRs, 23 SB (0 CS!)
            Trea has been scorching! that was 10 days ago and now he's at 25 HRs and 26 SB

edit: another tonight, 26/26

if only the phils had some pitching.
            Last edited by heyelander; 09-12-2023, 10:37 PM.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
              Blake Dunn now has made the minor league 20/50 club (22HR 52SB). How many other players have done this in the minor leagues this century? One - Anthony Volpe last year (21HR 50SB). Jonatan Clase has a good shot to do it this year also (currently 19HR 68SB).

How good a prospect is Dunn? (#20 on BA's Reds mid-season list and (#22 on MLB's so apparently kinda fringy. But his stock may be headed up.
              Well now Clase has also accomplished this (20 HR, 75 SB). Also Ryan Bliss has done it (20 HR, 52 SB). Andruw Jones is the only other player to ever do this and he did it twice (in 1995 and 1996). That means that 4 of the 5 players that ever accomplished this feat have done it in the last 2 years, including 3 this year.

Comment

Freddie Freeman joined the 20-20 club tonite (26 HR, 20 SB).

Comment

The following players have joined the minor league list:

Shay Whitcomb (HOU) - SS - 35 HR, 20 SB
                  Jose Rodriguez (CHW) - OF - 20 HR, 30SB
                  Jordan Beck (COL) - OF - 25 HR, 20 SB
                  AJ Vukovich (ARI) - 3B/OF - 24 HR, 20 SB
                  Carson Williams (TB) - SS - 23 HR, 20 SB
                  Jeremiah Jackson (NYM) - SS - 22 HR, 27 SB
                  Kam Misner (TB) - OF - 21 HR, 20 SB
                  Matt Gorski (PIT) - OF - 20 HR, 21 SB

Of these, Beck and Williams are particularly noteworthy.

Yeah, it might be a record year for 20/20 players, at least in the minors.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Freddie Freeman joined the 20-20 club tonite (26 HR, 20 SB).
                    About time! At 34 years old he has discovered he can run. Near as I can tell he has only two season of double digit steals (10 and 13).

Comment

Emmanuel Rodriguez started the season on the IR and only has about 350 ABs this season and is sitting at 16/20 now.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Acuna now needs 6 more homers to reach 40/40.

Only four players have done it so far: Bonds, Canseco, ARod, and Soriano.
                        Acuna hit his 38th and 39th homers on Tuesday and is now on the verge of a 40/40 season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Acuna hit his 38th and 39th homers on Tuesday and is now on the verge of a 40/40 season.
                          On the verge of a 40-70 season

Comment

Acuna joined the 40/40 club yesterday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Today, Lane Thomas joined the MLB 20-20 club (27 HR, 20 SB).

Also, George Springer joined recently (21 HR 20 SB).

Comment

The following players have joined the minor league list:

Rece Hinds (CIN) - OF - 23 HR, 20 SB​
                                Tyler Fitzgerald (SF) - 3B - 22 HR, 32 SB
                                Ryan Ritter (COL) - SS - 24 HR, 20 SB
                                Pedro Leon (HOU) - OF - 21 HR, 21 SB

Comment

Working...
                                X