No announcement yet.

Early Look at 2024 Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the normal caveats with pitchers and health, I too like Skubal a lot. To me, keeping him with that late of a pick is a no brainer if you are trying to win over the next few years. Since I think everyone should be trying to win within the next three years, I'd keep him without a second thought.

Comment

Yeah, I would definitely use a keep forever pick on Skubal (and Tatis) if you are allowed four keep forever picks.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Yeah, I would definitely use a keep forever pick on Skubal (and Tatis) if you are allowed four keep forever picks.
        Max of 2 late round keepers, so Tatis and Skubal would join Riley and J-Ram.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Is J-Ram a 1st round keeper? Does this mean that if you didn't keep him you would get a 1st round selection?

Who do you think might be available with that pick and what slot would you be?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Is J-Ram a 1st round keeper? Does this mean that if you didn't keep him you would get a 1st round selection?

Who do you think might be available with that pick and what slot would you be?
            Every team must keep 2 keepers in rounds 1-2. After that they are optional, with up to 2 more in rounds 3-10 and 21-22.

It used to be at least 2 top 4, with optional: 1 mid round and up to 4 late round, but some teams were too stacked so the rules changed for 2024.

Comment

It's time! Keep 4.

These 3 are no-brainers.

1 Riley
              2 J-Ram
              22 Tatis

The 4th comes from:

3: Fried
              10: McLain / Eflin (move up a round each year)
              21: Skubal (keep forever in round 21)

If I don't keep Fried, I get supplemental picks in rounds 3-4 before the full draft starts. There's a strong chance I could draft him, or another SP1. So, I think he gets tossed back.

McLain would give me 3 SB threats.
              Eflin is ranked 70s but I'd get him 130s.
              Skubal is ranked 50s and I'd draft him around 300. By far the best value and a strong trade chip.

I'm leaning towards Skubal, but I like McLain as a young bat with 2B/SS eligibility.

What sayeth the 'Pen?

Comment

I'm still leaning toward Skubal. He finished very strong last season and pitches in a favorable home ballpark and division. I think it will be very difficult to duplicate that kind of value in round 21.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Skubal all day.

Comment

Working...
                  X