Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Look at 2024 Keepers

14 Team Keep Forever League

4 total keepers from the group below, with at least 2 from 1-4.

1-4: JRamirez Riley KMarte Mullins McCormick Fried Alcantara
    10: McLain / B de la Cruz / RLewis / Eflin / Estevez (move up a round each year)
    22-21: Tatis Skubal (keep forever in this slot)

JRam, Riley and Tatis are no-braners. Who's the 4th?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 01-21-2024, 09:05 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Elly.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Elly.
      Agree as long as that's the de la Cruz you have. I suspect it's not as he is a total no brainer.

Comment

Elly if that’s the de la Cruz. If not, pick from McClain or Fried. Would lean McClain.

Comment

If you get to keep Skubal in the 21st round forever (?) then that is a pretty interesting consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            If you get to keep Skubal in the 21st round forever (?) then that is a pretty interesting consideration.
            There's still opportunity cost though right? Consider that by keeping Skubal there you don't get to draft another guy who you could potentially keep forever?

I don't think I'd keep Skubal in that slot I'd be looking for a bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

There's still opportunity cost though right? Consider that by keeping Skubal there you don't get to draft another guy who you could potentially keep forever?

I don't think I'd keep Skubal in that slot I'd be looking for a bat.
              Ya, I don't disagree with that but with time to make the decision if Skubal goes lights out down the stretch then he could be the guy in round 21 for at least next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Elly if that’s the de la Cruz. If not, pick from McClain or Fried. Would lean McClain.
                Edited to Bryan; Elly would be a no-brainer.

I drafted Skubal then stashed him knowing he'd be a forever keeper. Prospects generally get drafted in round 19 so keeping Skubal at 21 wouldn't limit my options there.
                Last edited by virgonomic; 01-21-2024, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I still lean McLain

Comment

To simplify this, these 3 are no-brainers

1 Riley
                    2 J-Ram
                    22 Tatis

Choose 1 from:​

3: KMarte Mullins McCormick Fried
                    10: McLain / RLewis / Eflin / (move up a round each year)
                    21: Skubal (keep forever in round 21)

Elfin ranked 25 and Skubal 74. Skubal was lights out in Sep with 23 IP 3 W 36 K 0.39 ERA 0.48 WHIP (one start was suspended after 4 shutout innings). If I keep him, he could be a trade chip for a title run.

Thoughts?
                    Last edited by virgonomic; 10-07-2023, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      To simplify this, these 3 are no-brainers

1 Riley
                      2 J-Ram
                      22 Tatis

Choose 1 from:​

3: KMarte Mullins McCormick Fried
                      10: McLain / RLewis / Eflin / (move up a round each year)
                      21: Skubal (keep forever in round 21)

Elfin ranked Other Sports and Skubal 2k11 Domonic Brown Skubal was lights out in Sep with 23 IP 3 W 36 K 0.39 ERA 0.48 WHIP (one start was suspended after 4 shutout innings). If I keep him, he could be a trade chip for a title run.

Thoughts?
                      I'm sticking with keeping Skubal in forever Round 21. His stock continues to rise.

Comment

Tarik Skubal. I have to take a future ace forever in round 21.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Tarik Skubal. I have to take a future ace forever in round 21.
                          There's an opportunity cost here though right - you can potentially grab a new keep forever player if you don't keep Skubal. I feel like I'd want my "keep forever" guy to be a lot better than Tarik Skubal.

Comment

There's an opportunity cost here though right - you can potentially grab a new keep forever player if you don't keep Skubal. I feel like I'd want my "keep forever" guy to be a lot better than Tarik Skubal.
                            Good point.

It's like a "Let's Make A Deal" game show scenario where you ask, "Do you want to keep this player or trade him for the mystery player behind door number two?"

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I will have picks in rounds 19-20 that qualify for forever keepers in 2024+. I pick 7th in round 19 so I won't get a top 5 prospect but top 10 is possible.

Who do you forecast being available in round 19+ that would be a better keeper than Skubal? Here are the players that were drafted in rounds 21-22 and qualify as forever late round keepers:

21: Abrams Skubal Taillon Rojas
                              22: Andrus​

I can see Abrams as a post-hype guy but the draft is slim pickin's at that point.

These are the players drafted in rounds 19-20, but keeping Skubal doesn't affect that, and if I draft someone good I can trade them or Skubal.

19: Rendon Pederson FAlvarez Hall Mancini EnRod Mayer Painter Blackmon Grissom RLopez Turang
                              20: Chourio Pollock MKelly Hendriks JWood Whitlock Baty Bader

I like Skubal more than most of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X