Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Mid-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
    Where does Caglinone rank compared to this year's top college bats?
    I have several 2024 draft-eligibles on the list now. Rt now, Caglianone is not one of them. It is still uncertain whether he's going to be a 2-way player as a pro. I would doubt it. If I would have to guess, I'd say he ends up being a hitter and if so then 1B seems to be the best position fit. That puts a lot of pressure on his bat and his plate discipline is not that good rt now. There appears to be too much risk for me to put him in the Top 150 now but he could get on if he's ranked highly once the 2024 draft prospect lists start coming out next spring.

Comment

Here's the latest on number 43 on the list. It will be interesting to see how much this guy goes for in auctions next year.

Yoshinobu Yamamoto struck out 14 in a 138-pitch complete game on Saturday for the Orix Buffaloes in Game 6 of the Japan Series.

Yamamoto broke Yu Darvish’s Japan Series single-game record for strikeouts, throwing nearly 140 pitches in a masterful final outing in Japan’s Nippon Professional Baseball before coming to the majors this offseason as one of the most coveted starting pitchers on the open market. The hard-throwing 25-year-old right-hander is one of the most electrifying Japanese pitchers to come over in years and projects as a potential upper-echelon fantasy starter right out of the gate, depending on where he winds up. (Rotoworld)

Yamamoto, who is expected to be posted by Orix this winter, went 16-8 with a 1.21 ERA and a 0.844 WHIP with 169 strikeouts in 164 innings this season.
      Last edited by madducks; 11-05-2023, 02:45 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I have traded myself into a lot of borderline prospects--too many to keep. I have to pick the best 20, and while I have 13 I am clear on, all the rest are mostly grouped together for me. I was hoping for some guidance from rhd or anyone else about which 6 or 7 of these you would cut. You may note a theme with many of them--I've acquired several former top 100 ranked prospects that have fallen out of favor on the cheap hoping to sort ones might have a small chance of contributing at some point this year. They are all long shots, but I am trying to sift the potential gems from the rocks, and my dual pulls of closeness to contributing with my typical priority in a mixed league--offensive upside.

I need to cut at least 7 now, and I may make one more cut for a late prospect draft pick I have, if folks think there are 8 clear cuts to be made. Or it may be easier to simply list the top 5 or 6 guys you would keep. Any feedback on which of these guys to cut is appreciated. For context, this is a points league, so empty BA or steals with little else are not valuable in my league (though we do get 2 pts per SB, double what we give hits, rbis, and runs, so there is value in them).

Addison Barger
        Brandon Barriera
        Osleivas Basabe
        Derek Bernard
        Yeremi Cabrera
        Justin Foscue
        Nick Gonzales
        Elijiah Green
        Matt Mervis
        Quinn Priester
        Brayan Rocchio
        George Valera
        Nick Yorke
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-04-2023, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I ended up trading some of the guys above. The new project is to pick 5 of the names below to cut:

Addison Barger
          Brandon Barriera
          Osleivas Basabe
          Derek Bernard
          Yeremi Cabrera
          Justin Foscue
          Nick Gonzales
          Elijiah Green
          Quinn Priester
          Anthony Solometo
          Nick Yorke​

Anyone have any suggestions?
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-09-2023, 07:34 PM.

Comment

First up, I want to thank you for tipping me to Wyatt Langford before his final college season began. People are already asking me how I acquired rights. Simple, he was a farm pick in February.

Second, when do you plan your winter update?
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              First up, I want to thank you for tipping me to Wyatt Langford before his final college season began. People are already asking me how I acquired rights. Simple, he was a farm pick in February.

Second, when do you plan your winter update?
              You're welcome.

I usually do an update right after the end of the season, but this year I had a PC failure and the store I bought my new PC from said they couldnt access the files from the hard disk of my failed PC to recover them. So, currently I cannot access my spreadsheet that I have my list on. I think someone else should be able to recover the old files but I havent pursued this yet. I'd hate to have to start from scratch. But regardless, I'll put out a new list before BA publishes their list, which probably will be around mid-January or so.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post

You're welcome.

I usually do an update right after the end of the season, but this year I had a PC failure and the store I bought my new PC from said they couldnt access the files from the hard disk of my failed PC to recover them. So, currently I cannot access my spreadsheet that I have my list on. I think someone else should be able to recover the old files but I havent pursued this yet. I'd hate to have to start from scratch. But regardless, I'll put out a new list before BA publishes their list, which probably will be around mid-January or so.
                Two words--cloud storage.

Still, five weeks from now is in plenty of time.

Old joke. Why did Jesus get promoted and the devil get fired?
                Answer: They worked in IT. Jesus saves and the devel says to hell with it.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I think I have my prospect cut down to either Nick Gonzalez or Nick Yorke. Which of the two 2b prospects should I keep and which should I cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    I think I have my prospect cut down to either Nick Gonzalez or Nick Yorke. Which of the two 2b prospects should I keep and which should I cut?
                    For long-term, I would keep Yorke.

Comment

For long-term, I would keep Yorke.
                      Gracias.

Comment

rhd, where do you have Masyn Winn on your list these days? I've been offered him to take on a bad Severino one year contract. I'm tempted, but I'd have to cut Nick Yorke, and I'd lose out on keeping Bo Naylor. Is Winn good enough to make it worth it? Best case, he seems to be Elvis Andrus. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          rhd, where do you have Masyn Winn on your list these days? I've been offered him to take on a bad Severino one year contract. I'm tempted, but I'd have to cut Nick Yorke, and I'd lose out on keeping Bo Naylor. Is Winn good enough to make it worth it? Best case, he seems to be Elvis Andrus. What do you think?
                          So, if I'm understanding correctly, the deal is Naylor for Winn and Severino, which would make you drop a MiLBer, which would be Yorke. I wouldnt make that deal. I dont think I'd rank Winn as high as he is on the list here (#18). He hit solidly in the minors but was pretty bad in his brief MLB callup. I have ranked him high because of his potential SBs but he didnt run much last year so that would downgrade his value. I might rank him around (#30 or so now. He does project to be a starter long term but if things work out Yorke could be that, too. Right now, Enmanuel Valdez is the RedSox' starting 2Bman and I dont see him blocking Yorke, who has a good chance of being ready sometime this year. Naylor really came around w the bat in MLB the last couple months last year (I know, I have him cheap in one of my leagues). And I hate being saddled w albatross contracts for unproductive players. I would pass on this one.

Comment

So, if I'm understanding correctly, the deal is Naylor for Winn and Severino, which would make you drop a MiLBer, which would be Yorke. I wouldnt make that deal. I dont think I'd rank Winn as high as he is on the list here (#18). He hit solidly in the minors but was pretty bad in his brief MLB callup. I have ranked him high because of his potential SBs but he didnt run much last year so that would downgrade his value. I might rank him around (#30 or so now. He does project to be a starter long term but if things work out Yorke could be that, too. Right now, Enmanuel Valdez is the RedSox' starting 2Bman and I dont see him blocking Yorke, who has a good chance of being ready sometime this year. Naylor really came around w the bat in MLB the last couple months last year (I know, I have him cheap in one of my leagues). And I hate being saddled w albatross contracts for unproductive players. I would pass on this one.
                            Thanks. That was my leaning. I think there is a small, but real chance Severino has a good year for the Mets in pursuit of a long term deal, which is why tempted me. But his costs are in the double digits, and I too like Naylor, so passing is the right move. If I didn't have Naylor, I might do it....I'm not entirely sure why Severino was as bad as he was last year. He had velocity and his mechanics were not way off. He seems fexible, but who knows?

Comment

Working...
                            X