Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Mid-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhd View Post

Find what?
    Fangraphs new prospect rankings. I couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Fangraphs new prospect rankings. I couldn't find it.
      It's in the usual place. On FG main page, click "Prospects" tab, then "The Board" and it defaults to the top MLB prospects (for FG, it's anyone they've given a FV of 50 or higher). Click "200" on the drop down for the "Page Size" button to get the entire list, altho rt now clicking "100" will display them all.

Comment

I thought it merited a post about Yoshinobu Yamamoto, listed at (#43 on this version of the list but currently at (#13. He is coming to MLB next year and he threw a no-hitter in Japan yesterday. It is the 2nd no-hitter of his career and he is only the 10th pitcher to toss multiple no-nos in the Japan Leagues. Yankees' GM Brian Cashman and executives from other teams witnessed the feat in person. He also has a current 42-inn. scoreless streak. His ERA currently is 1.26, which at the end of the season would be the lowest in Japan since 1970. He is the 2-time reigning Sawamura award winner, which is the equivalent of our CY Young award and he is likely to win it again for the 3rd straight time this year. He possibly will get the largest FA contract of any pitcher next year, even tho he will not be a free agent and the team that signs him will have to pay a hefty posting fee.

Comment

Wyatt Langford has pushed all the way to AAA and still carried an OPS of 1.035 in that short stint. I assume that he is now expected to make the big club.

Where will he rank come January and what will his position likely be?
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Wyatt Langford has pushed all the way to AAA and still carried an OPS of 1.035 in that short stint. I assume that he is now expected to make the big club.

Where will he rank come January and what will his position likely be?
            Langford has been performing great as a pro so far. He is currently (#6.

I will be posting an end-of-season list soon. I had expected it would be ready by now but I had a computer fail last week. I got a new PC but they couldnt transfer over my data. I will try to find someone else to transfer it but if I cant I'll have redo everything by hand, which will take a while.

Comment

Here's an interesting prospect...17-year old Japanese power hitter Rintaro Sasaki, who is USA college bound.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, I've followed the news on Sasaki. Dont know what to think of him at this point. He seems like a 1B/DH type. Let's see where he goes to college and how he does.

Comment

Did Owen White regress this season? He was not the same dominant pitcher in AA and did not impress at AAA or his 4 IP cuppa da Bigs.
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Did Owen White regress this season? He was not the same dominant pitcher in AA and did not impress at AAA or his 4 IP cuppa da Bigs.
                    I dont know what happened to him, but he's not in the top 150 any more.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post

I dont know what happened to him, but he's not in the top 150 any more.
                      He lost some velo this year and his K's suffered. He needs to figure something out to get back on the prospect radar.

Comment

Sam Basallo Baltimore

the rich get richer

mostly catcher but with rutschman in the fold, basallo played 28 games at 1b in 2023

Finished the year as an 18yo in double A. overall he accumulated 420 ab, 20 hr, 61bb, even stole 12 bases to go with his .313 ba and .402 ob.

BA considered him the best catching prospect signed from the 20-21 international players.

I assume he is moving up your list? Maybe even reaching your top 100?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                          Sam Basallo Baltimore

the rich get richer

mostly catcher but with rutschman in the fold, basallo played 28 games at 1b in 2023

Finished the year as an 18yo in double A. overall he accumulated 420 ab, 20 hr, 61bb, even stole 12 bases to go with his .313 ba and .402 ob.

BA considered him the best catching prospect signed from the 20-21 international players.

I assume he is moving up your list? Maybe even reaching your top 100?
                          Thanx for the response, WBG.

Yes, the rich get richer! If only there were more SPs in those riches.

Yes, Basallo is not only in the top 100, he's currently no. 68, and probably will move even higher. He tore up the minors and reached AA. And he's only 19! He's not going to catch in Baltimore but pundits are saying he may hit well enough to play anywhere.

Comment

You had a comment on Colt Keith back in July.

Is there anything new?
                            Does he profile in the field or as a DH who can spot the corners?
                            Is there any reason to think he will not be in Detroit at the start of the season?
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

You had a comment on Colt Keith back in July.

Is there anything new?
                              Does he profile in the field or as a DH who can spot the corners?
                              Is there any reason to think he will not be in Detroit at the start of the season?
                              I dont have much new on Keith other than he continued to mash the rest of the season. He finished tied for 8th in RBI in the minors w 101 and also had 27 HR. He's up to (#18 on BA's latest list and (#25 on MLB's list. It looks like he has a good chance to stick at 3B so Detroit will probably put him there to start with, altho he might have to compete w fellow prospect Justin-Henry Malloy. I have no idea whether he'll make the opening roster but if he continues to perform well, he should be up at least by midseason.

Comment

Where does Caglinone rank compared to this year's top college bats?

Comment

Working...
                                X