Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revo
    replied
    Again, I just have no idea what's going on here. Your last two posts are one, to sell a player for a future asset; and then to trade a future asset for a win-now player.

I give up, I'm bowing out. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    Up to 10th and 91 points.

With GRod in the minors, been offered Sale $21. Would Sheehan $10 and Sale be a good return?

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    He offered Dodd $5 and one of his minors - Ford, Berry, Soderstrom, Cole Young (all $1). That's a no right?

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
    I have a team interested in Berrios. What should I include to get Buehler $5 and Royce Lewis $1?
    productive MLB players that are expensive and you don't want to keep. Buehler and Lewis at those prices are great keepers....pay what you need to

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    I have a team interested in Berrios. What should I include to get Buehler $5 and Royce Lewis $1?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The last place team has entered the Matt Chapman talks. He offered Gonsolin $10. I countered with Holmes $12, Fletcher $10, and Holliday $5 for Varsho and Wisdom. He came back with Holmes for Westburg, which I rejected.

What would be a good offer for Holliday?
    Clay Holmes? The guy who's likely lost his job to Michael King? Why did you even include him in the offer?

And agreed with The Heat, why would the last place team trade a top 5 prospect away for Daulton Varsho?

I think you need to sit back and focus on exactly what it is you want to do -- either go for it or dump. But these offers -- both the ones you're making and the ones you're receiving -- are all over the place, and that's likely because your leaguemates probably have no idea what you want to do (or they think that you don't know what you want to do), or that they believe they can goad you into accepting (or making) really, really bad deals. Like, how did offering out Matt Chapman evolve into you being asked to trade away a top prospect like Westburg for a guy who just lost his closer's job? It's likely because you surprisingly asked for him in the first place, and this guy was all too willing to move him to you, and you lost the big picture -- moving Chapman (and we still have no idea what you'd want for him, since the offers have been so erratic) -- as a result.

Leave a comment:

• the heat
    replied
    Why would the last place team trade Holliday?

I'd have to be blown away by an offer of multiple keepers.

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Dunno but Holliday is the guy you should be targeting imo.

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    The last place team has entered the Matt Chapman talks. He offered Gonsolin $10. I countered with Holmes $12, Fletcher $10, and Holliday $5 for Varsho and Wisdom. He came back with Holmes for Westburg, which I rejected.

What would be a good offer for Holliday?

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    It's a weekly lineup.

Leave a comment:

• virgonomic
    replied
    There's no market for MJ or Varsho. I've had them on the block since opening day with no nibbles. Every team already has a C. There's not much interest in Chapman or Wisdom either.
    If this is a daily league, Varsho/Melendez qualify as OF and should let you have a starter at C most days by moving them to C, as opposed to taking 2 zeros per week when someone like Diaz sits. You should include that as part of your sales pitch.

Leave a comment:

• the heat
    replied
    I've heard the same, Ken. Fundamentally, not really. BABIP, Avg against, LOB all worse which are contributing to his numbers (some or all are luck related). I'd rather have him than Cease for sure.

I can see his results normalizing and if so, he'd go for more in auction than $29. How many years do you keep him though with an increasing salary, 3rd year $29, 4th $35? 1, maybe 2 or trade him for a better keeper this year. However it turns out though, I'd prefer a longer term keeper (wouldn't we all), whether that be a different trade or trading for Alcantara, waiting for his results to improve, then flipping him.

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    Another team is involved in Chapman. They've offered Gonsolin $10. Is that a no?

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    commented on 's reply
    Alcantara has had some bad luck, but he's still basically the same pitcher as last year when he won a CY Young. Are you seeing something fundamentally wrong?

• the heat
    replied
    Using FanGraphs auction calculator Alcantara & Cease have earned about $0 year to date using your parameters. 79th & 89th ranked starters.
    Last year approximates - Alcantara $35, & Cease $27.

Are either Alcantara or Cease a definite keeper for 2024? Their prices increase $3 correct? So Alcantara in 2024 would be $29 & Cease $32. I'd look for something better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X