• Show
Clear All

• DJRadar
    replied
    Springer for Nola $37/1st year?

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    Traded GRod and Manoah for Barlow and Kelly. Added Houser $10 as a FA.

Oviedo $10, Lively $10, Oatman $4, Berry $1, and Soderstrom $1 for Springer and Berrios - good or no?

Chourio and a piece for McClanahan $23? Or Chourio and Witt for McClanahan, another major piece, and a minors?
    Last edited by DJRadar; 06-09-2023, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    Cole Young $1 for Berrios?

Barlow $5 and Kelly $5 for Manoah and GRod?

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post

damn skippy
    he’s not wrong

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by the heat View Post

Are you waiting for my head to explode?
    damn skippy

Leave a comment:

• the heat
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post

Why doesnt the popcorn emoji work anymore?
    Are you waiting for my head to explode?

Regarding the latest offer...

I would not keep a $12 Clay Holmes. I'd be borderline on keeping your $15 Bautista (but he'll be $18 next year wouldn't he? He'd be a non keeper at that price).
    Kelly at $5 ($8 next year), I'd probably keep. Is that enough for GRod? I'd want more than that but it's not my team...
    Try thinking long term.

In a SV+HD league I would not spend double digits on any reliever in auction. In a 1 catcher league I would not spend anywhere near double digits on a single catcher.
    Since you already have Rutchman (whom I'd keep), I wouldn't touch another catcher.

Have you let your league mates know you are dumping (giving up on this year)?

If you want to trade GRod so bad, I'd post on your league message board the offers you've had and see if anyone will beat the offer(s).

I don't know how much longer I'm going to help here..

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    First place team offered Michael King $1 and Robert Hassell $1 for Manoah or GRod. Is that better? With IP a category I need pitching but don't have anyone I can drop.

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
    Last place team offered Clay Holmes $12 and Merrill Kelly $5 for Manoah and GRod. Is that a yes?
    Why doesnt the popcorn emoji work anymore?

image.png

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    Last place team offered Clay Holmes $12 and Merrill Kelly $5 for Manoah and GRod. Is that a yes?

Leave a comment:

• the heat
    replied
    When are you going to get it?

GRod is the number 6 prospect according to MLB Pipeline, RHD had him at number 15 and you have him for $1. You do not trade that unless your are getting KEEPER(S).

Stop posting these crap offers because we're frustrated that you're not getting it, just decline. Neither Buxton or Mervis are keepers in your format.

I've heard multiple reports GRod was tipping his pitches so they sent him down to work on that. Do not trade him.

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    I've had them on the block for a month. The response I get is either silence, or they send me a low-ball offer, or they say they're waiting to decide what they need. It's frustrating when they're difference makers that could determine if flags fly forever.

Mervis $10 and Buxton $21 for GRod?

Leave a comment:

• the heat
    replied
    Originally posted by DJRadar View Post

But why would they trade guys they're counting on for a championship?
    You conceivably are giving them a better player or 2 than they are starting. That's why.
    Can one of the teams in contention use Springer, Bautista, Chapman, Vaughn, Fried (when healthy)?

Why would a team that's not in contention trade away a keeper?

Leave a comment:

• DJRadar
    replied
    Originally posted by the heat View Post
    **DO NOT TRADE AWAY YOUR FUTURE ASSETS/keepers.
    Acquire keepers. Look to trade with the top 5-6 teams in the standings.

You should expect to trade away 1 to 3 current productive players for each keeper you get...depending on the player(s).
    Refer to ** the first sentence in trading.
    But why would they trade guys they're counting on for a championship?

Leave a comment:

• the heat
    replied
    **DO NOT TRADE AWAY YOUR FUTURE ASSETS/keepers.
    Acquire keepers. Look to trade with the top 5-6 teams in the standings.

You should expect to trade away 1 to 3 current productive players for each keeper you get...depending on the player(s).
    Refer to ** the first sentence in trading.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X