Upton deal to Seattle agreed to in principle, but Upton invoked no-trade clause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Arizona loses with seemingly everything they do. Talk about revealing your hand in negotiations, lol. Why they even proceeded down the trade road with Seattle in the first place is a mystery, if the rumor that Upton told them in advance that he'd veto it is true.

And let's remember that it's Arizona who put themselves in this place to begin with by inexplicably signing a mediocre OF to a long term deal when they already had sufficient (and far superior) OF options to begin with. Kevin Towers is a moron.
    How is he revealing his hand? He made it clear that he wants to deal Upton, and he got a great offer (according to most in here) for him. Now the bar has been established and teams know what they have to do if they really wish to get involved. Arizona has control of the player for another 3 years no matter how pissed he may be, and as I said before, it's in Upton's interest to play well if he wishes to move down the road.

And I really like Goldshmidt and Hill...Johnson and Pennington are meh, but certainly servicable.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      How is he revealing his hand? He made it clear that he wants to deal Upton, and he got a great offer (according to most in here) for him. Now the bar has been established and teams know what they have to do if they really wish to get involved. Arizona has control of the player for another 3 years no matter how pissed he may be, and as I said before, it's in Upton's interest to play well if he wishes to move down the road.

And I really like Goldshmidt and Hill...Johnson and Pennington are meh, but certainly servicable.
      Not to mention Eaton has skills that tend to translate well. Kubel is what he is and he is an especially good version of that in Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Arizona loses with seemingly everything they do. Talk about revealing your hand in negotiations, lol. Why they even proceeded down the trade road with Seattle in the first place is a mystery, if the rumor that Upton told them in advance that he'd veto it is true.

And let's remember that it's Arizona who put themselves in this place to begin with by inexplicably signing a mediocre OF to a long term deal when they already had sufficient (and far superior) OF options to begin with. Kevin Towers is a moron.
        I kind of see where Towers is trying to go, but he seems to take strange routes trying to get there.

"I think I'm gonna go to LA...via Omaha." (name the singer and song)
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          I kind of see where Towers is trying to go, but he seems to take strange routes trying to get there.

"I think I'm gonna go to LA...via Omaha." (name the singer and song)
          Charlie Daniels Band-Uneasy Rider
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

So who is in line for regular playing time if Upton or Kubel gets traded? Eaton, Parra?

Comment

Originally posted by roadtrip68 View Post
              So who is in line for regular playing time if Upton or Kubel gets traded? Eaton, Parra?
              I'd guess Parra.

Comment

Originally posted by roadtrip68 View Post
                Eaton can be stashed in the minors (you know, since the DBacks have 50 outfielders).

Comment

Working...
                X