No announcement yet.

Upton deal to Seattle agreed to in principle, but Upton invoked no-trade clause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upton deal to Seattle agreed to in principle, but Upton invoked no-trade clause

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/j...erested-011013

Seattle and Arizona agreed to a deal, but Upton invoked his no-trade clause and squelched it. So... that sucks.

That's what a no-trade clause is for. Absent of some dollars to ease my anxiety, I wouldn't want to go to Seattle if I were a hitter either.

Comment

This is the same fate the Twins have created for themselves too. Monstrously big ball parks suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkley View Post
        This is the same fate the Twins have created for themselves too. Monstrously big ball parks suck.
        That should really only apply to lefties. It's actually hit-favorable to righties.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
          That's what a no-trade clause is for. Absent of some dollars to ease my anxiety, I wouldn't want to go to Seattle if I were a hitter either.
          But they are moving the fences in this year! What a chump!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Here's the alleged Seattle side of the deal...

The deal would have sent three or four players back to Arizona, according to CBSSports.com sources. Included among those players would have been relievers Charlie Furbush and Stephen Pryor, minor-league shortstop Nick Franklin and, likely, one of three minor-league starting pitching prospects: Right-hander Taijuan Walker, lefty James Paxton or lefty Danny Hultzen.

Unless they'd get walker for sure out of the deal, it's really not much of a return for a guy with the type of ceiling that Upton has. There must be something that's going on behind the scenes to make Arizona this determined to deal Upton...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thank Jebus that Upton nixed the deal. I own Franklin in my AL only league; same league where I already lost Revere, McCarthy and d'Arnaud.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Apparently Walker was on the deal.

Comment

Walker, Franklin, Furbush, Pryor....what the hell is Seattle thinking?

Better yet, this is the 2nd time AZ has attempted to trade Upton to someone on his no-trade list. AZ is being idiotic here and is going to end up giving him away at a discount just to clear him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    AZ is being idiotic here and is going to end up giving him away at a discount just to clear him out.
                    One can hope!

Signed,
                    Braves fan.

Edit: If I'm Frank Wren, I've already called up the DBacks and offered Teheran, Bethancourt, Gattis and either Ahmed or Peraza to see if they bite.
                    Last edited by Stephen; 01-11-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
                      That should really only apply to lefties. It's actually hit-favorable to righties.
                      Dont let the facts get in the way of my bitching, Paul.

Is that a little scewed by Willingham's ability to pull balls down the line last year? Also, Plouffe was possessed by the ghost of Jimmie Foxx for a month. But, point taken. It played better last year righties.

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
                        Yeah, its okay with singles, it is the doubles, triples, and homeruns that it kills for both sides.

Welcome to StatCorner.com! We’re currently building the most in-depth collection of sports statistics and information, but in the meantime, please check out some of the resources from our archives: Articles About tRA Catchers and Framing Explainer Park Factors Definition Reports Catcher Report Park Report Team Report Pitcher Report There’s a lot more to come, so … Continue reading "Welcome to StatCorner.com!"

Comment

Why aren't the Cubs in on this?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Why aren't the Reds in on this?!!!
                            Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                              Yeah, its okay with singles, it is the doubles, triples, and homeruns that it kills for both sides.

http://statcorner.com/team2.php?team=136&year=2012
                              Target Field for HR is 116 for RHB, 86 for LHB.
                              Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
                              X