2K15: Ryan Braun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I have Braun on my team, so maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I don't see how they suspend any of these guys without a positive test. What is the rule, exactly? Can circumstantial evidence lead to a suspension? Has it ever in the past?
    Its easy to suspend the minor league guys without a contract. The Major Leaguers with a Union are not so simple.

Comment

@#$@#$!$!#@$!@#.....if they F up my NFBC domination over this stupid BS, I'm going to be pissed

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        @#$@#$!$!#@$!@#.....if they F up my NFBC domination over this stupid BS, I'm going to be pissed
        LOL...gotta take the bad with the good. You never would have gotten him at 3rd overall if there wasn't a shadow hanging over him.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

So how to project Braun in 2014? Most projections I've seen have him dropping 12 HRs off his last full season, as well as nearly cutting his SBs in half. He also didn't help matters by having a dismal season up to the point of suspension. I'm not totally convinced that the PEDs will drop his status to that of a 2nd round talent.

Is he worthy of a pick in the 5-8 range in a re-draft?

Comment

Even as a Brewer homer, I wouldn't touch Braun until pick 20ish in a mixed league. Not only is their PED dropoff risk, but hand/thumb injuries are dicey on top of it.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

This guy/situation is to value.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Braun is one of my top targets. I'd be happy to take him 12th in my mixed draft.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  Braun is one of my top targets. I'd be happy to take him 12th in my mixed draft.
                  He was kept at $45 last year...I won't be able to let him go for less than $35.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Saw a clip of the cheater getting multiple standing ovations last night. Um, yeah, puzzy, it'll be the ONLY place you are going to hear that. Just wait to your name is called in every other city. Scumbag.

Comment

Questions again with Braun...PED issue or was it just the thumb. Could be a waste of money or a total steal of the draft.

Anyone bullish on Ryan Braun for 2015?
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                        Questions again with Braun...PED issue or was it just the thumb. Could be a waste of money or a total steal of the draft.

A rebuilding team bought him for $30 last year in our NL only 5X5. He will keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post

While this new baseline for him isn't bad, I think the Ryan Braun of old has left the building. I can't foresee a return to his .320/30/110/20 form. I'd pay for a .275/20/80/10 season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            While this new baseline for him isn't bad, I think the Ryan Braun of old has left the building. I can't foresee a return to his .320/30/110/20 form. I'd pay for a .275/20/80/10 season.
                            I'm in agreement here. I've long been a Braun owner, but I'm doubting he'll be worth what it probably takes to get him. I'll be out at $30, or thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I would take the over on the hr's.

Comment

Yo, I don't really post too much about PED cheating anymore because the horse has been beat into "I don't care" mode for most. But I still care. And seeing this cheater get added to the all star team bothers me but it isn't JUST because he is a cheater, there are a bunch of them around making huge money and winning awards, etc. I am bothered by his being added because of how he went out of his way to villian'ize a guy who followed WADA protocol, ie. DID HIS JOB. The cheater probably makes more in one game than the poor ups driver makes in an entire year (and his year isn't a measly 8 months on/4 months off like the scumbag I am talking about). The guy is a piece of shit. Why, why, why add him when there are players who haven't stained the image of baseball and are having good enough seasons to be asked to play ??

Comment

Working...
                                X