No announcement yet.

Will Myers can be had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Mets are determined to trade Dickey rather than keep him wouldn't it more sense to get a collection of players rather than one prospect? I love Myers and own him but he is still just one player and the Mets have a few holes and a bunch of positions where they could look to improve. I'd ask the Royals for a deal like: John Lamb, Jake Odorizzi, Christian Colon and Johnny Giovatella.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      That's the thing --- there is no comp in the history of baseball for Dickey.

Honestly, I just would not give all that much up for the guy if I were a GM. He's old, he's coming off of surgery (that sounded major to me, but apparently wasn't so big), and also coming off of a career year at age 38. If I were a contending team I'd offer up a couple B prospects or one B and a decent starting position player and be done with it. I'd probably get rejected with that kind of offer, but there's significant risk with Dickey, imo.
      That's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
        If the Mets are determined to trade Dickey rather than keep him wouldn't it more sense to get a collection of players rather than one prospect? I love Myers and own him but he is still just one player and the Mets have a few holes and a bunch of positions where they could look to improve. I'd ask the Royals for a deal like: John Lamb, Jake Odorizzi, Christian Colon and Johnny Giovatella.
        Honestly, mediocrity isn't what the Mets need. They have Murphy at 2B, they have Tejeda at SS, they have Gee and Johan for the rotation (and Niese, and Wheeler, and Harvey, who are not mediocre). They need some elite players to move the needle.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Honestly, mediocrity isn't what the Mets need. They have Murphy at 2B, they have Tejeda at SS, they have Gee and Johan for the rotation (and Niese, and Wheeler, and Harvey, who are not mediocre). They need some elite players to move the needle.
          But isn't the real problem lack of depth? They have David Wright to be the elite bat in the lineup but when Ike Davis gets hurt or Murphy slumps they don't have alternatives that can actually help. Johan struggled in the second half, having a pitcher like Ordorizzi to call on is huge. They have some nice pitchers but they should never decide against having a larger collection. Especially arms that can help right now.

Comment

Working...
          X