Will Myers can be had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Myers can be had?

Royals willing to move him for a front line starter. Paging the Rays...

Will Myers can be had the same way Justin Upton can be had imo. Would be shocked if they move him.

Comment

The Royals have a nice group of cheap hitters and holes on their staff for the future. None of the pitchers recently drafted have panned out due to injury or poor performance. Could they get a young controllable ace? The Rays did this with Garza when they had some room why not do it again? Mix Rays starter, Guthrie, Santana, Odorizzi (May?) and that pen not bad for the central. I think the Royals are playing for 2013 to make a big improvement.

Comment

oh please oh please oh please oh please

If they trade for him, he'd start up in the majors from day 1. If they could do Hellickson & a prospect, sign me up

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          oh please oh please oh please oh please

If they trade for him, he'd start up in the majors from day 1. If they could do Hellickson & a prospect, sign me up
          Hellboy and a prospect might do it.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
            Mix Rays starter, Guthrie, Santana, Odorizzi (May?) and that pen not bad for the central.
            One (maybe both) of Duffy and Lamb may be ready by midseason to give them a young lefty, and there's also Paulino. Adding a front end starter if it only costs one big bat makes sense, but I'd be wary of overpaying.

Comment

Wil Myers looks really good. It would have to be a darn good prospect to go along with Hellickson to land him. Who do they have that fits the bill, is close to the majors,a nd addresses a need for the Royals?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Wil Myers looks really good. It would have to be a darn good prospect to go along with Hellickson to land him. Who do they have that fits the bill, is close to the majors,a nd addresses a need for the Royals?
                Archer seems to be the most likely candidate to me...good minor league credentials, and a good handful of starts at the end of the season in the majors. Frankly, the Royals would be idiots to do this without getting two controllable arms for Myers, counting on Frenchy and a combo of Dyson and Cain to perform above replacement levels is a big gamble, and Bubba Ho-Tep is still a few seasons away.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

If the Royals want to have a chance to contend they need to take a chance. Their minor league pitchers have not lived up to the hype. Going forward they need to acquire some quality young pitching to go with their young hitters. If the only way to do that is to trade a young hitter then they should chance it. Myers name is out there but I have heard that almost anyone can be had. If they stand pat their pitching will not allow them to be a serious contender.

Comment

"Frankly, the Royals would be idiots to do this without getting two controllable arms for Myers,"

The Royals have spent the last 20-plus years being idiots. Just something to keep in mind.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

the Mets are asking for Myers in a deal for Dickey

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        the Mets are asking for Myers in a deal for Dickey
                        Makes sense, since they asked for Boegarts and JBJ from the Red Sox. That's a mighty steep price that I doubt anyone will meet, but he did win the Cy Young Award.

Comment

Which they should

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            The Royals would be nuts to do that, imo.

If that's the asking price for Dickey, I guess we can cross the Dodgers off the list for his services. They just don't have the horses in the farm system to even come close to an ask like that.
                            I agree. It's hard to believe that a 38-year old journeyman knuckleballer can fetch a prospect like that, but then again, it's hard to believe what this 38-year old journeyman knuckleballer actually accomplished the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              The Royals would be nuts to do that, imo.

If that's the asking price for Dickey, I guess we can cross the Dodgers off the list for his services. They just don't have the horses in the farm system to even come close to an ask like that.
                              Agreed, you're talking about a controllable stud hitter who most everyone who's seen him thinks if the read deal. You simply do not deal him off for a 38 YO guy who was available for nothing just a few years ago. Yes, Dickey had a tremendous season, but baseball is littered with guys that have done it for a season or two, and then fallen off the map. Anyone seen Ubaldo lately?
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X