No announcement yet.

Mock #1 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silentmist timed out and OaklandA's made his pick. Now all we need is Hornsby for the turn.

IIRC, if you time out, you're skipped when it's your turn again, until you catch up.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

• I have filled up on hitters, so anyone looking to choose a hitter upcoming can feel free to leave their pick with me.

Also, I just went over the old place, and looked through the discussion thread. Once we got to the reserve round, we went to a 2-hour limit, 8 am to midnight. We may want to consider that this year as well for the reserves, if not sooner. From Riff last year:

Riff Raff
      Guest Posts: n/a

02-23-2010, 10:40 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commish Ruling

alrighty - tmrw @ 8am EST we switch to a 2 hr clock. I have no idea if someone currently has more than 2hrs before they timeout, but too bad - so sad. Whoever is up @ 8am has until 10am to pick (unless the person up will time out before 10am). We then move on.

Comment

• DQ is correct, silentmist gets passed again.

Really wanted Lopez here, but Oak just snagged him right out from under me. I think that he can get back to 25 HR's in Coors...and I almost took Raburn, but I actually checked this time and found he was taken 10 rounds ago...LOL.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• BTW, I have a list from BigJon, so when we get there, we can keep moving. Thanks Big Jon...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Question for the 15 game minimum. Wouldn't he qualify at CI when you add 1B and 3B together? I'm not looking to be a stick in the mud, but if CI is a position that you have to field, technically he has meet the 15 game minimum for the CI spot.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• CI is not its own position. To qualify at ci you need to qualify at 1b or 3b. That's how I have always played.

Comment

• Lopez and Frenchy were both at the top of my hitters list. Back to the drawing board.

Comment

• If Frenchy is at the top of ANY list, you know it's slim pickings.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                    Question for the 15 game minimum. Wouldn't he qualify at CI when you add 1B and 3B together? I'm not looking to be a stick in the mud, but if CI is a position that you have to field, technically he has meet the 15 game minimum for the CI spot.
                    Yep, what JC said. You'll get his position soon enough, he should be the starting 1st baseman for Tampa.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      If Frenchy is at the top of ANY list, you know it's slim pickings.
                      :ROFL:

Sad but true. That's why I filled my O5 spot a couple of rounds ago and my UT spot last round. I decided that if I was going to have crappy hitters, let them be from the CI and MI slots. Frenchy wasn't near the top of my OF list, but he was getting there, and I just didn't want the likes of him.

I have bigjon's list, too. Would it be tacky to take the #1 guy on his list?

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Yep, what JC said. You'll get his position soon enough, he should be the starting 1st baseman for Tampa.
                        Like I said, I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. That was my logic for putting him there. I have no problem with him sitting in my UT to start. FYI, Homer pick as Johnson recently visited my daughter's class at school. I figured my daughter would be excited to have him on my team. Round 17...I could do worse (and have).
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                          Like I said, I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. That was my logic for putting him there. I have no problem with him sitting in my UT to start. FYI, Homer pick as Johnson recently visited my daughter's class at school. I figured my daughter would be excited to have him on my team. Round 17...I could do worse (and have).
                          That sounds like the situation with my brother's girlfriend (far too good for him IMO). Even though they live in Southern California, her favorite player is Bronson Arroyo. When she found out I own him in a league (now in two), she ordered me (??) to not trade him. Of course, if I do, I'll just lie about it.

-- William James

Comment

• Nice f'in progress today. To no one in particular--If you're not going to check in regularly during the day, would it hurt so badly to send a short list to someone who can't possibly "steal" your pick?

-- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Really wanted Lopez here, but Oak just snagged him right out from under me. I think that he can get back to 25 HR's in Coors...and I almost took Raburn, but I actually checked this time and found he was taken 10 rounds ago...LOL.
                              Liked the Lopez pick a lot. The uncertainty around a possible trade to Texas made me pass on him last time, but if he stays in Colorado, he's going to put up excellent numbers.

Also like the Harang pick. Nice turn for Oakland!

Comment

• Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                                Liked the Lopez pick a lot. The uncertainty around a possible trade to Texas made me pass on him last time, but if he stays in Colorado, he's going to put up excellent numbers.

Also like the Harang pick. Nice turn for Oakland!
                                Not dissing Oak, but I really don't see anything to like about the Harang pick other than a new ballpark. His skills seem to be cratering, his WHIP last year was a nearly unrosterable 1.585, his ERA was even worse at 5.32, and for the third straight year, he gave up TWENTY more hits than innings pitched. In everyone's favorite new measure, his WAR was actually a negative 1.2...something that's pretty tough for a pitcher to accomplish. Of course, it's the 18th round and taking a gamble is what it's all about here...so he'll probably win 15 games and be a Cy contender.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X