No announcement yet.

Mock #1 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the Thome and Sale picks at this point. As many have said, it seems like everyone has their eyes on a couple guys at this point just hoping they will manage to slide. But then the sharks attack and the list is wiped out.

Comment

• Boarding an airplane in 20 minutes....ETA on the West Coast is 9:00 PM Eastern

That is all

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
        Boarding an airplane in 20 minutes....ETA on the West Coast is 9:00 PM Eastern

That is all
        Send me a list if you need or want to!
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
          Boarding an airplane in 20 minutes....ETA on the West Coast is 9:00 PM Eastern

That is all
          No worries. It doesn't look like we'll get to your pick any time soon.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            FYI, Dan Johnson does not qualify at 1B (13 games last year), so he's a DH only. Not sure if that makes him an illegal pick for ITC.
            Yahoo is showing him as not only 1B, but 3B as well

Dan Johnson
            (TB - 1B,3B)

Comment

• 3 picks today......awesome
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post

Dan Johnson
                (TB - 1B,3B)

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....1/playersearch
                Johnson appeared in 40 games for the Rays last year. Defensively, he was in 13 games at 1B, 6 at 3B, and 3 in LF.
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post

Dan Johnson
                  (TB - 1B,3B)
                  The first post in the Draft Thread says that eligibility is based on 15 Games Played last season, or the position played most if no position had 15. Since Johnson played 17 at DH, 13 at 1B, 6 at 3B, and 3 in the OF, I think he only qualifies as DH for the draft.

Comment

• Ha and my pick was within minutes of ITC. So it's been really slow going.
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                      The first post in the Draft Thread says that eligibility is based on 15 Games Played last season, or the position played most if no position had 15. Since Johnson played 17 at DH, 13 at 1B, 6 at 3B, and 3 in the OF, I think he only qualifies as DH for the draft.
                      Do we not take the minor leagues into consideration for someone who played the majority games there?
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Do we not take the minor leagues into consideration for someone who played the majority games there?
                        I think minor league games played by position would only be used to determine position of a player who is expected/drafted for 2011 but had no MLB games played in 2010.

Sure wish there was more action on the draft thread this week!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          I would also think that would only be for someone with no MLB games.

Comment

• Has SilentMist officially timed out?

Comment

• That's fine with me. I was just wondering. It's also never stated in our rules for drafting purposes, but I have no problem with whatever answer. Maybe in the future we should say if a player doesn't play 15 games at any one position in the majors we can use minor league positions.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                                Has SilentMist officially timed out?
                                Yes, according to my watch, he timed out about 30 minutes ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X