Mock #1 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    I guess we can chalk it up to the Megastorm.
    No, let's blame it on President Bush or President Obama, depending on your political view. After all, it seems like everyone else does!
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      I guess we can chalk it up to the Megastorm.
      You'd think that people being housebound would stay closer to the computer. Oh well, long time until the season starts, but we do need to pick up the pace a bit...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• silentmist said--

12.03 Javier Vazquez.

I am going to hate this pick later.
        I was in bed with this girl and she started crying. I asked her, "What, are you going to hate yourself in the morning?" and she replied, "No I hate myself now!"--Sir Rodney of Dangerfield

It's a speculative pick, high risk, but high reward IF he gets back to anything like his form with Atlanta.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

• I've got DQ's picks, so as soon as In The Corn Picks, I'll post it...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I've got DQ's picks, so as soon as In The Corn Picks, I'll post it...
            I PMd and site-mailed ITC. Hopefully we can have a nice run today.
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• nice value on Franklin
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• I love getting Matsui, I almost took him over Colvin and I'm glad he slid. Yeah, Oakland sucks, but he should be a .280-25 guy with a little luck. I really don't like the Aybar pick but I need a shortstop and I need speed desperately.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  I love getting Matsui, I almost took him over Colvin and I'm glad he slid. Yeah, Oakland sucks, but he should be a .280-25 guy with a little luck. I really don't like the Aybar pick but I need a shortstop and I need speed desperately.
                  Like dont love the Matsui pick. Not a fan of Aybar. There are a few MI out there I prefer.

Nothing as challenging as a 20 teamer. We are already rummaging through the dregs.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    nice value on Franklin
                    Thanks. I am hopeful that Capps and Franklin might provide a solid showing in saves. Joe Nathan was on the radio last Friday and stated he knew Capps would start the year as closer. Hopefully Capps will be more like he was in Washington than he was in Minnesota last year. Franklin just seemed like...hmmm...good team, he should get some chances.
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                      Thanks. I am hopeful that Capps and Franklin might provide a solid showing in saves. Joe Nathan was on the radio last Friday and stated he knew Capps would start the year as closer. Hopefully Capps will be more like he was in Washington than he was in Minnesota last year. Franklin just seemed like...hmmm...good team, he should get some chances.
                      Interesting...I read almost the exact opposite.

If all goes according to plan, Joe Nathan -- in the final stages of his recovery from 2010 Tommy John surgery -- will fill one of those slots.

But will he return to his role as anchor of the bullpen?

"My goal is to be the closer," Nathan said Sunday in an interview with 1500 ESPN. "That's what I've strived for from day one, is to get back to where I was before the surgery and hopefully get stronger."

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• His goal has been to be the closer and he has strived for that from day one but it doesnt sound like he would be surprised if it took a month or two. At least thats how I am reading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          His goal has been to be the closer and he has strived for that from day one but it doesnt sound like he would be surprised if it took a month or two. At least thats how I am reading it.
                          Billy Wagner, Josh Johnson, and Tim Hudson all came back less than a year after surgery and pitched well. I fully expect Capps to get some saves, but I think that Nathan is going to get the bulk of them.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Billy Wagner, Josh Johnson, and Tim Hudson all came back less than a year after surgery and pitched well. I fully expect Capps to get some saves, but I think that Nathan is going to get the bulk of them.
                            I expect that Nathan will be entrenched in the role by mid-May, but with Gardy and the way the Twins baby pitchers, I expect Nathan won't be overworked throughout the entire season.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Anyone that I can send BigJon's list to? I've got to run out to the Doctor at about 11:30 and probably won't be back for 3 hours or so...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Anyone that I can send BigJon's list to? I've got to run out to the Doctor at about 11:30 and probably won't be back for 3 hours or so...
                                I'm here all day and am willing to assist.

Comment

Working...
                                X