Mock #1 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    everything Ive read has been settled in terms of the incident.

Do you do background checks on all your players?
    Yes, yes I do...scum is scum, and I don't want to be near it if I don't have to, and I don't have to in fantasy sports. I prefer players that I can root for to do well. Same reason that I won't roster Brett Myers, wife beaters aren't my cup of tea either.

And i know that I can't possibly know what lurks behind the facade of every player, but at least I can weed out the ones that show their true faces.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Yes, yes I do...scum is scum, and I don't want to be near it if I don't have to, and I don't have to in fantasy sports. I prefer players that I can root for to do well. Same reason that I won't roster Brett Myers, wife beaters aren't my cup of tea either.

And i know that I can't possibly know what lurks behind the facade of every player, but at least I can weed out the ones that show their true faces.
      If it helps you sleep at night........
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

If it helps you sleep at night........
        I sleep like a baby, knowing that I leave more players for you.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

if you played fantasy football, you wouldnt draft half the NFL.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Met discount + thug discount + could-have-contract-terminated-or-be-traded discount.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

On a side note, great quote from an NHL goalie who lost a big game, "I slept like a baby, I woke up every two hours and cried."
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                On a side note, great quote from an NHL goalie who lost a big game, "I slept like a baby, I woke up every two hours and cried."
                That's great...BTW, aren't you up to pick?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

if you played fantasy football, you wouldnt draft half the NFL.
                  I play FF and I think that I won 2 games last year...LOL.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

That's great...BTW, aren't you up to pick?
                    Opps, yeah, just picked. I never get a PM from Splinter.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

You wake up crying every two hours?

ETA: Reading farther, I see Bucky beat me to that line.

I'm not crazy about the Myers pick myself, but it's several years in the past and I haven't heard of any incidents in quite a while. Since I had this round pegged for another closer, I may have taken K-Rod had he been available, despite his problems. I view character as a tie-breaker, not a deal-breaker.
                      Last edited by Don Quixote; 02-02-2011, 01:27 PM.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Do you do background checks on all your players?
                        LMAO.........your like giant mosquito Pete

anyway..as a father of girls...i would like to be F Rods father in law for 15 minutes....once

Comment

• Well, It looks like I'll be punting saves this year...what a ridiculous closer run. Sucks to be on the end of the draft and holding the bag...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
                            LMAO.........your like giant mosquito Pete

anyway..as a father of girls...i would like to be F Rods father in law for 15 minutes....once
                            Frankie, I had no idea you were into guys. We can still be friends tho....

Comment

Well, It looks like I'll be punting saves this year...what a ridiculous closer run. Sucks to be on the end of the draft and holding the bag...
                              Most people passed on Mo 7 times... maybe you only passed on him 6, but still

Comment

• OK, who wants to take my 1-person list? Been waiting all afternoon but I need to leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X