Mock #1 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Really, like the Beckham pick...I was hoping that his mediocre season in 2010 would lead to him falling further. Fat chance of that happening...
    Thought it may have been a reach there but like him and didn't think he'd get around again...

Comment

I talked myself out of taking Reynolds with my last pick. He's probably the best power source (healthy one anyway) that was available. I just wasn't ready (at this point) for the batting average downside.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        OK, sorry for going off on everyone in the draft thread, I can see that I *did* get some PMs about being up. I just didn't have email notifications on and I never heard about it.
        How do we turn this on? I didn't get an e-mail from the PM and I've been around all afternoon.

Pick up in a couple...

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
          How do we turn this on? I didn't get an e-mail from the PM and I've been around all afternoon.
          Never mind, I found it.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
            Never mind, I found it.
            Enlighten me. I'm not sure I have the notification on.

Just part of the growing pains of a new site.

Picks--I was hoping McGehee would fall a little more, and I wouldn't have minded Swisher, either. I knew that Reynolds was out there, but couldn't pull the trigger on that BA. Wilson was #1 on my closers list after I took Bell, but I wasn't planning on taking another closer (if any) for quite a while.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
              Enlighten me. I'm not sure I have the notification on.

Just part of the growing pains of a new site.

Picks--I was hoping McGehee would fall a little more, and I wouldn't have minded Swisher, either. I knew that Reynolds was out there, but couldn't pull the trigger on that BA. Wilson was #1 on my closers list after I took Bell, but I wasn't planning on taking another closer (if any) for quite a while.
              At the top of the page, click on Settings; Then click on the left General Settings. Look for the Email Notification of New Private Messages: and click the option for e-mail notification.

Everyone should check that as it seems that the default is to not get e-mail notifications for PM's.

Comment

Got it. As it turns out, I hadn't elected to receive e-mail notification. That's fixed now.

Thanks!

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                  I wouldn't have minded Swisher, either.
                  That was a real tough call for me -- had lots of guys under consideration at that pick. But you can't go wrong with that lineup and that home park.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I'm surprised Marmol was not the 1st closer selected (although nowhere near where the actual 1st closer was selected in this draft). He's the only closer who gives you starting pitcher strikeouts, and it's not as if 65 innings will really help your ERA & WHIP.

Comment

• WoW....travel East to West was a challenge today........took me three flights to get home..LOL

Been a bitch of a winter for travel this so far this year.

Anyway.....Tks BJE for the slack...much appreciated.....
                      I believe a few of us wanted a piece of Beckham this year

Comment

• Ouch. Huff and Sanchez were #1-2 at 1B for me, and I gave a lot of thought to taking Huff last round.

-- William James

Comment

• Should have known Napoli wouldn't last another round.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                            Should have known Napoli wouldn't last another round.
                            I knew I couldn't wait another 40 picks for a decent catcher and with that offensive lineup plus his ability to play 1B, he may get a few more AB than a normal catcher

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                              Should have known Napoli wouldn't last another round.
                              I was thinking about him at 6.17, but I don't like what I'm hearing from Ron Washington about his role, and there will be catchers later that I can live with.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Napoli was #1 on my catcher list, but that didn't really matter, as I didn't intend on taking a catcher this soon.

Today's picks--Kendrick is solid but uninspiring IMO. Walker was high on my 2B list (in fact, #2) and I was hoping he'd be overlooked. Lilly was another guy I hoped was under the radar, a foolish hope with this crowd. Beltran is a risky play, one of several so far for revo; I looked at him last night and wondered if anyone was paying attention to him. I wasn't interested yet, as there are lots of good and healthy OFs left, but I knew someone would be interested soon. The only reason I was ignoring Desmond is that I already have a SS and wasn't thinking of filling the MI spot just yet.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X