No announcement yet.

One last nail-biting week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else desperately in need of wins want to shoot Jake Peavy today? took a 3-1 lead into the 9th & blew it last night. aaargh.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Gonna win my H2H, but am TIED in both my other leagues for 1st as I post this--damn.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

my gutless cowards have gone from 4th ($120) to 5th ($60) to 6th ($0) in the last hour. could even slip to 7th

EDIT: since kicking over the water cooler in the dugout, my bums responded with 3 for 9 and a couple of SBs to climb to tie for 5th ($30) and now tie for 4th ($90). just need a couple of smooth IP and Ks from my usually stellar pen and I might salvage a little pride and a little dough.

9:30 pm: now it's 74-74-74-73 for 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th
        I'm the middle 74, lol
        DHernandez in, I need a perfect IP and a K or 2. first he gets a groundout from one of mine, then allows a 2-strike single. c'mon, man!
        ok, allows a single to one of mine, then gets a K that puts me alone in 4th....

that'll do - be back later with the final result
        Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-03-2012, 08:37 PM.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'm in 3rd place at the moment, 1 point behind the two teams ahead of me who are tied for first. I can make up ground, but am losing hope quickly.

Comment

i am barely hanging on..need the win from Hellickson as that would cost the second place team half a point..

Please Jim Tracy no Betancourt tonight.. a blow up from him will give the second place team one point. And thanks Rockies for actually leading a game going into the ninth when i don't want that scenario!!
            Last edited by Mithrandir; 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Chris Davis' home run has broken a tie between me and the second place team, giving him a half point and losing me a point, which is enough to give him the overall lead by a half point. I need my guys to hit one more HR than his team by tomorrow or I need 8 runs to take a point there.

He is 0.00016 ahead of the next team in BA so he could lose a point there.

Guess which Orioles 1B/3B/OF I dropped a few weeks ago...

I picked up Howard for tomorrow.
              Howard is done for the season. >: (

The standings show me 4 runs behind the (now) first place team. I got 5 more runs than him tonight. If the standings are not live, I will reclaim top spot as all relevant games except for NYY/Bos are over. Does anyone know if Yahoo's standings are live or not?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                Howard is done for the season. >: (

The standings show me 4 runs behind the (now) first place team. I got 5 more runs than him tonight. If the standings are not live, I will reclaim top spot as all relevant games except for NYY/Bos are over. Does anyone know if Yahoo's standings are live or not?
                Yahoo has live stats with the Stat tracker.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

My title is now completely dependent on valverde not getting a save in the final al game. Its 1-0 in the 8th.

The team I'm tied with has gone 18 for 30 tonite with 5 hrs (both cano and longoria). Crazy way to end the season.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Hung on for the win by 3.5 according to Stattracker.

Battle for second came down to Gregerson k'ing the last batter to gain a point for third place team to pass second place team in the strikeout category and tie him for second overall. Pretty wild finish.

Comment

I got 2 Ks from DHernandez to claim 4th for that moment by a 75-74-74-73 margin.
                      But my K rival (11th place) got 2 Ks from Putz to pull back ahead of me there, and the league champ got a hit in his final AB of the year (Juan Rivera) to pass me in AVG for good. Then K rival got one from Jim Henderson to go 2 up there.

Last pitcher in last NL game is my Gregerson. I need a perfect, 3-K inning to get the full pt back in K and - maybe - grab a Ratio pt back, too, that I lost when D-Hern allowed 2 runners (one was a hit for me that turned out to be worthless).

Gregerson gets... K, error (no problem), foul out (damn), K

before the inning, I was on the second tier of 74-74-73-73
                      the 2 K got me a share of that K pt, so 73.5
                      only question was whether I passed the 73 team in Ratio - if so, 4th alone at 74.5, and $120
                      if not, 6th place alone, no money, and one spot further back in the 2nd rd of the farm draft next April

and the answer is....

#badbeat
                      #fockme

lost a 1.293 to 1.293 race
                      will see the exact numbers tomorrow

also:
                      Street came up with another injury, or he would have pitched the 9th after Gregerson, likely getting me the key K
                      and Betancourt oddly sat out a SV for COL, didn't need that but one more freaking K....
                      Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

12TO, a very competitive NL 5x5, pulled out the win. I lead for 5 + months of year. Mid august at one point I had a 19 point lead over 2nd. Then the epic painful collapse... Last week I found myself down 1.5 points. Yesterday, crawled back up .5. Ended up 2.5 points. I can breathe now. Plus I love my core for next year.

Comment

"pulled out the win............plus I love my core for next year.'

Congrats!

those are not half-sentences I have ever typed in the same post, however
                          #flagsflyforever
                          #remorseneverdies

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

damn season was 1 day too long.

Was in 1st in all 3 leagues this morning.

Gave back 2 tonight. 1st, 2nd, 2nd isn't bad--but Damn...I was thisclose.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

always loved the line - the tougher the prey, the sweeter the kill

won in 02 04 05 and 07 - and not since. frustrating, and not even in the money this year.

but our league mantra is that every spot above last is something. the runnerup this yr was never in the top 2 before - but also never last since his rookie year of 1994. weakest in some respects, but guess what - he always finished ahead of somebody, usually is mid-pack - and he beat 10 of us this year...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

"I'm not fond of Longoria" -- 2nd place finisher in my league after Evan's 3HR's on the seasons final day cost him the championship by one point
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X