No announcement yet.

Rockies news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think he resigned and forfeited the money?
    see post 12
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Do you think he resigned and forfeited the money?
      see post 12
      I'm not sure about his contract status, though. His last official contract with the team expired this year, I think. Supposedly he's been managing on some sort of handshake agreement about an as-yet-unsigned extension that was going to be negotiated in the offseason. I guess we'll get some clarity on that very soon.

Edit to add: Purple Row reports he and Dan O'Dowd had agreed to an unannounced 1-year extension for 2013 at $1.4 million. I'm not sure if that was a handshake or if that was on paper. I never saw the extension reported on Cot's, and they're usually pretty good about keeping up with official transactions, so we'll see.
      Last edited by senorsheep; 10-07-2012, 09:21 PM.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

My view from very afar--

Tracy was the amiable fall guy in the disaster that was the Rockies' season. Someone or someones higher up should have gotten the ax, as it looks to me that Colorado's current problems are systemic. They just don't seem to have a handle on how to build a major league team.

sheep, do you think ownership should have canned O'Dowd? He doesn't impress me a bit.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

from Rotoworld:
          Troy Renck of the Denver Post writes that Jason Giambi "remains a candidate for the Rockies' manager job until he's ruled out."
          Renck adds that it's "possible" Giambi will be interviewed this week. Giambi hasn't officially retired as a player yet and obviously has no managerial experience, but he reportedly would be willing to end his playing career if the Rox would give him a chance to be the skipper. Bench coach Tom Runnells and Triple-A manager Stu Cole are the main internal candidates for the Rockies, who are still trying to decide whether to pursue external options.
          Source: Denver Post

If Giambi becomes manager, would his post-game press conferences be as vague as his ped apology?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X