Rockies news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockies news...

It has been reported that this morning Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez were getting mani/pedi's for tonight's game. After that they went purse shopping to find something chic to match their newly done nails.

After all they need to look good while riding the pine!!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

If you didn't replace Tulo's production in your lineup at least ten weeks ago, I have to question your management skills.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      If you didn't replace Tulo's production in your lineup at least ten weeks ago, I have to question your management skills.
      A variety of SS have filled in capably for my team. Of course they don't match the numbers Tulo CAN put up.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Rockies scored 1 run in the three game weekend series. Houston isn't the worst team in MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Rockies scored 1 run in the three game weekend series. Houston isn't the worst team in MLB.
          Houston is a much improved team (13-14 in September) since they added that Seitzer guy to the front office.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

in those three games, one player from our opening day lineup played - chris nelson. ugh.
            ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
              in those three games, one player from our opening day lineup played - chris nelson. ugh.
              What the heck happened? Just an unlucky string of injuries? Players are a bunch of weenies?

Comment

Manager Jim Tracy resigned today.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Manager Jim Tracy resigned today.
                  What does that say about the ineptness of the Rockies that Tracy wasn't fired?

Comment

What does that say about the ineptness of the Rockies that Tracy wasn't fired?
                    Uhm... nothing. He's gone.
                    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                      Uhm... nothing. He's gone.
                      If he resigned that doesn't necessarily mean the Rockies would have fired him.

Comment

Your naivete is charming.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          Your naivete is charming.
                          I know what you guys mean. but resigning isn't the same as being fired is it? I'm a stickler for literalness. Maybe the Rockies said resign or we will fire you, but they should HAVE CANNED HIS SORRY ASS!

Comment

Knowing how The Rockies operate, I'll bet Tracy was offered a lesser role in the organization and declined.

Tracy was "a" problem, but he wasn't "the" problem. The Opening Day rotation told the tale; if that's the best they could scrape together, they obviously had deeper organizational issues than the manager from the get-go. Somebody had to lose their head. It wasn't necessarily the wrong somebody. Just not enough somebodies.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

If you're fired, they still have to pay you. If you resign, you forfeit the rest of your contract. So this is not just semantics.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X