Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it too early to look at keepers for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Anyone, no thoughts?

Thoughts on Eovaldi? I can get him for the #2 pick. I'd rather get a hitter.
    I'm confused by what you're asking so I can't really offer up any help.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
      I'm confused by what you're asking so I can't really offer up any help.
      Two possible trades.

One. I've been trying to get Molina. I need to offer more than the second overall pick. My question there is should I offer the #2 pick and Shaun Marcum $10A for Molina $6B (option decision needed).

Two. The other option is I can get Nathan Eovaldi at $3A for the #2 pick straight up.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

if that's what the 2nd pick is worth, I would be happy to trade Marcum 10A and Eovaldi 3A for Molina 6B. What are you hoping to get out of Marcum? He's already hurt and he's pitching for a team with a 70-win offense.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Two possible trades.

One. I've been trying to get Molina. I need to offer more than the second overall pick. My question there is should I offer the #2 pick and Shaun Marcum $10A for Molina $6B (option decision needed).

Two. The other option is I can get Nathan Eovaldi at $3A for the #2 pick straight up.
          Interesting... who'd you get with the second pick?

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            if that's what the 2nd pick is worth, I would be happy to trade Marcum 10A and Eovaldi 3A for Molina 6B. What are you hoping to get out of Marcum? He's already hurt and he's pitching for a team with a 70-win offense.
            It would be the #2 pick and Marcum for Molina OR the #2 pick for Eovaldi.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              Interesting... who'd you get with the second pick?
              It's possible I won't be able to use the draft pick. I already have Taveras, Arenado, Wong, Baez, Z Wheeler, and Bradley. You can only have five minor leaguers rosters on draft day and that's six. Bradley will be the odd man out. If Arenado makes the team I'd probably still drop Bradley and the I could use the #2 pick. I also have a 3rd round pick. So it's very possible I won't be able to use the draft pick.

I'm guessing Jake Marisnik is the best guy at #2, assuming Travis d'Arnaud goes #1. Other options Jose Fernandez, Yasiel Puig (if he doesn't make the team), Tony Cingrani, Noah Syndergaard, Albert Almora, etc. It's kind of a weak crop this year.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

It would be the #2 pick and Marcum for Molina OR the #2 pick for Eovaldi.
                right, so if Eovaldi is what the 2nd pick is worth by itself, by the transitive property you should be able to consider the other trade as Eovaldi and Marcum.

Anyway, I don't like Marcum this year, and I'd do the trade for Molina either way.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  right, so if Eovaldi is what the 2nd pick is worth by itself, by the transitive property you should be able to consider the other trade as Eovaldi and Marcum.

Anyway, I don't like Marcum this year, and I'd do the trade for Molina either way.
                  Gotcha. I don't know if Eovaldi is what the pick is worth. That's just one guy would give me. It's seems fairly reasonable. With my team, I'd rather get a hitter.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I agree with Mike, I'd do the trade for Molina as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X