NL Cy Young Award Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Kris Medlen is barging his way into consideration....
    He'll certainly get votes. Not many guys can be both a middle relief gem and frontline starter all in the same season.

Comment

No brainer

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Amazing that the conversation doesn't even seem to include the major league leader in ERA who also led the NL in WHIP and finished 2nd in strikeouts. He also led the NL in WAR, if you're into that kind of thing, and was 2nd in FIP.
        King Felix's Cy Young might make us think that voters have gotten over wins, but they haven't completely. Kershaw's lack of wins, especially on an underperforming team expected to win more, hurt him. That said, and I own Kershaw and love his game, but even I'm okay with him finishing 2nd to Dickey this year.

Comment

Why do K's matter?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Why do K's matter?
            If you are Jim Leyland do you want Verlander striking people out or hitting grounders to that infield?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Why do K's matter?
              Because throwing a pitch and having the greatest hitters in the world either swing and miss it, or think it's not going to be a strike, is among the most difficult achievements in baseball.

Comment

K's are the best representation of pitching dominance
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X