Pirates close on Wandy Rodriguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    "On the Yankees, when a player is asked to move into another position or is benched for the good of the team, they do it gladly."

On the Yankees, the vets have so much juice that they aren't even ASKED to move to another position when a younger, better all-around player joins the team.
    #justsayin
    The yanks have brought in many vets over the years who were stars on their former teams to ride the pine during a pennant chase, and they were not only fine with it, they'd give interviews saying "Anything I can do to help out."

The Bucs are in the race for the first time in two decades, and this guy no longer wants to be part of it.

It's not a Yankee diss -- it's a Pirate diss!

Comment

are we talking about incumbent players, or those just arriving?
      you're mixing apples and oranges.

which veteran Yankees lost their jobs when a trade happened, and "gladly stepped aside" and said, "anything I can do to help out"?
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Yeah Kevin Correia is going to get hammered on talk radio here tomorrow. I don't want them to trade him because they don't really have any other depth if there is an injury, but if he is going to whine and pout about a demotion it may increase the odds of a trade. BTW, could the friggen Reds lose? Geez.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          are we talking about incumbent players, or those just arriving?
          you're mixing apples and oranges.

which veteran Yankees lost their jobs when a trade happened, and "gladly stepped aside" and said, "anything I can do to help out"?
          *sigh*

ok, would Correia be happy being traded to say, THE YANKEES to be a bullpenner?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            *sigh*

ok, would Correia be happy being traded to say, THE YANKEES to be a bullpenner?
            I'll answer my own question. He'd be ecstatic, and just happy to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I'll answer my own question. He'd be ecstatic, and just happy to help out.
              I don't know about that to be honest. He seems pretty set on being a starter. ``I want to start. For that to happen, I’ll have to go someplace else.'' Now if he had been on the Yankees and had a relationship there he might know that complaining in NY won't get you anything. There is no history here in Pittsburgh so this winning thing and doing it for the team is certainly a new thing. No matter what, I don't see Correia making or breaking their season now. Once Tuesday passes if he is still here he better find a better way to deal with it.

Comment

"Seemed like an obvious shot at Jeter to me. I am less impressed now that I find out otherwise."
                once again, you are selling me short.

and no examples offered of incumbent Yankees happily accepting losing their jobs at midseason, especially ones who were performing adequately though not impressively.

regulars going from bad teams to title contenders such as the Yankees indeed tend to be ok becoming role players. that is simply irrelevant to the Correia situation, however.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                X