Carlos Lee to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I challenge you to find one sour Dodger fan about not landing this guy. I'm stoked that he went to the Marlins and not to LA. You just got a league average hitter (and subpar defender) who makes a salary of $18.5 million. Good luck!
    In the Marlins' defense, they are paying him league minimum and the Astros are eating the rest. Furthermore, league average hitting is a huge upgrade at first base for the Marlins this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      The Marlins are absolutely a contender and sour Dodger fans cant change that. Great deal for Miami...Matt Dominguez, while a good defender, couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag.

Side note: What exactly do the Astros have to show for Pence, Bourn, Berkman, Oswalt and now Lee? I dont see much.
      Singleton and Cosart are good prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Doesn't he have full 10-5 no trade rights? Or did that disappear in the last CBA?
        He gave those up with his last contract.

Some Rays fans are whining about TB not doing this but I'm going to guess TB was on that no-trade list.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          In the Marlins' defense, they are paying him league minimum and the Astros are eating the rest. Furthermore, league average hitting is a huge upgrade at first base for the Marlins this year.
          this.

Comment

Where does the Astros lineup shake out?

It appears from today Schaefer is in the dog house.

Comment

And speaking of Wallace, many fans were clamoring for him to be up after his hot 11-game stretch with Lee on the disabled list and the need to find out if he can be part of the plans with a first base and DH spot open next year.

That may come after the All-Star break, but for now, it’s Dominguez getting the time at third with a combination of Thursday’s starter Chris Johnson plus Matt Downs and Scott Moore at first.“We’ve got four games now before the All-Star break,” Mills said. “We’re going to go this route for those four games and make some adjustments, see where we’re at.”
              Mills’ offense, which hasn’t been elite or even average in the 2 1/2 years of his tenure, has lost a key piece at each of the last three trade deadlines.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

well nobody will ever confuse me with a homer....haha

Sampson/Loria...cant believe I expected everything to be different this time. But Im not the first person fooled by them.

Comment

Working...
                X