Carlos Lee to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Lee to the Marlins

Dominguez and Rasmussen to the Stros....assume Lee will be at 1B?
    Last edited by fuhrdog; 07-04-2012, 05:09 PM. Reason: sp

I guess Miami is closer to his Texas ranch than Los Angeles.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      He would rather play for a sub .500 team than a contender?
      His no-trade clause only covered 14 teams.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I have no problem with Carlos Lee saying no to LA. That is his right and the reason he has that clause in his contract to begin with. Now objectively the playoff situation in LA is much better than FLA but at this point in his career you have to wonder if he really cares all that much.

Comment

Some fans love watching baseball a lot more than extraordinairily talented athletes love playing it.

Many athletes know they are supposed to pretend that "all I've ever lived for is to be part of a championship team," because that's how fans suddenly given the same gift think they would feel.

Some might find it distressing that the people who have the most emotional investment aren't necessarily the ones who actually get to play...
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Carlos Lee = johnny damon?

I love playing for xxx
            I always wanted to play for xxx

fishstick

Comment

The Marlins are absolutely a contender and sour Dodger fans cant change that. Great deal for Miami...Matt Dominguez, while a good defender, couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag.

Side note: What exactly do the Astros have to show for Pence, Bourn, Berkman, Oswalt and now Lee? I dont see much.

Comment

Dominguez is 22, he may have a little growth left, lol

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  The Marlins are absolutely a contender and sour Dodger fans cant change that. Great deal for Miami...Matt Dominguez, while a good defender, couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag.

Side note: What exactly do the Astros have to show for Pence, Bourn, Berkman, Oswalt and now Lee? I dont see much.
                  Let's let them get above .500 before we declare them a contender for anything other than most disappointing. Despite the fact that they play in an extremely winnable division, they have to show me a LOT more before I'll believe that they're in the mix.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

The Marlins have definitely been disappointing this season. However, beyond the income tax thing and the limited no-trade clause thing, it's also possible that being a part of these Marlins is just more fun from the perspective of a Latin player than, say, the Dodgers.

Comment

"being a part of these Marlins is just more fun from the perspective of a Latin player than, say, the Dodgers."

yeah, at least Miami has Hispanic people!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Dominguez is a really really good defender. The change in park should help him offensively but maybe this will like a spark under his ass as well. I interviewed him in November at the AFL and walked away terribly unimpressed as he had a very lackadaisical attitude about being there at the AFL compared to guys like Trout, Gose, and Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          "being a part of these Marlins is just more fun from the perspective of a Latin player than, say, the Dodgers."

yeah, at least Miami has Hispanic people!
                          I'm talking about the clubhouse, of course.

Comment

yeah, I was just joshing.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              His no-trade clause only covered 14 teams.
                              Doesn't he have full 10-5 no trade rights? Or did that disappear in the last CBA?

Comment

Working...
                              X