No announcement yet.

Michael Fiers Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiers' strand pct is even more hilarious than Vogelsong's, and hit pct too of late, but he's pretty good anyway.

But if someone really buys in (doubtful), SELL!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Fiers' strand pct is even more hilarious than Vogelsong's, and hit pct too of late, but he's pretty good anyway.

But if someone really buys in (doubtful), SELL!
      Agree. His xERA is more like 3.60 and he wiggled out again just now after putting guys on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
        Agree. His xERA is more like 3.60 and he wiggled out again just now after putting guys on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

Our league does not use strand pct. I guess I am lucky that we use whip so I got that going for me.

Comment

Agreed. He's not THIS good,but he's pretty good, and you can't get the "face value" for him, so hope for the best which should be ok.

But re future results, anyone who ignores secondary stats - Vogelsong's long-running miracle aside - generally winds up taking a hard "market correction" down the road.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I think the point is that you've been lucky with his production so far, in that he's had a pretty high strand rate. However, I think he's a pretty good pitcher and that there's no way anyone will get adequate value for him in a trade. Hold and enjoy the ride and hope it lasts.
            I agree. I can tell you that all of the luck I gave gotten out of him so far does not balance the scales for the bad side of things.

Comment

I tied in my $4 bid for Fiers on FAAB but lost the tiebreaker to Don Quixote, the jerk. I'm unlucky! Someone call Mith, STAT!
              Ouch. Then again I paid $15 to make sure I got him. If by any chance he continues this to the end of the year I will keep him and look really bad next year when he crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                Agreed. He's not THIS good,but he's pretty good, and you can't get the "face value" for him, so hope for the best which should be ok.

But re future results, anyone who ignores secondary stats - Vogelsong's long-running miracle aside - generally winds up taking a hard "market correction" down the road.
                Hmmm...maybe I should trade him to the guy who has Vogelsong?

Comment

Glavine was a wonderful example of beating the "system," which some stats geeks hate but I find enjoyable (the Irish/contrarian in me, I guess).

Knuckleballers and other wacky pitchers confounded, but that "made sense."

It wasn't until Questec - which thankfully for Glavine and similar earlier wizards got here recently - that we got the answer.

In short form, Glavine had a unique skill, tossing pitches exactly the same, mere inches outside the strike zone, constantly. He should be in a dart league. His stuff wasn't good enough on its own, but if he could get a strike call JUST beyond the strike zone, he'd be a ... Hall of Famer. Oh.

I happen to think his catalogue is impressive - it's not like any other lefty could do it like him.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I think the point is that you've been lucky with his production so far, in that he's had a pretty high strand rate. However, I think he's a pretty good pitcher and that there's no way anyone will get adequate value for him in a trade. Hold and enjoy the ride and hope it lasts.
                    I also find it a bit hard to call a pitcher lucky who has 67k's in 66 innings.

Comment

The poster child for results far exceeding peripherals is and always will be Tom Glavine. The guy pitched 4400+ innings and beat his xFIP by more than a run. Crazy, I tells ya!
                      Glavine's the poster child for several "rules." Whenever Braves announcers annoint a kid as the next Glavine, I run hard in the opposite direction. (Remember Horatio Ramirez??) There was a good article about how he got away with it out there many years back. Basically, he was a good control pitcher without runners on and a nibbler who would never give in with runners on base. He walked in many runs, but never gave up a grand slam until his final year in the majors.

Comment

Shhhh......

All I'm saying.

Comment

Alright, alright, I give already! Geez...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Victory!

Comment

I traded him.

Comment

hope he's not your key guy for the playoffs along with Strasburg:

Brewers manager Ron Roenicke told Tom Haudicourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that the club plans to monitor Michael Fiers' workload.
                                Fiers has already logged 135 innings this season between the majors and minors, surpassing his previous professional high of 126 innings between Double-A Huntsville and Triple-A Nashville last season. "We have talked about it," said Roenicke. "The best way to put it is that we’re monitoring it. We’ll see how it goes." Haudricourt writes that the Brewers prefer not to allow developing pitchers to throw more than 20-30 percent more innings than the previous season. Assuming Fiers is permitted to go 30 percent over, he would throw approximately 35 more innings this season. This might be a good time to sell high in redraft fantasy leagues. Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Aug. 9 - 10:32 pm et

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X