Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONTEST: $25 to top RotoJunkieFix member on StarStreet Tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in too. I did not think too much about optimal strategy here (P vs hitters, etc) but it seems like the winners will likely be those that gambled and loaded up on one (or three) guys and got lucking with that guy having a great game. The daily basis of this makes it much more prone to chance and unpredictability. But sure, what the hey.

Also, I signed up but was trying to change my username so people here would recognize it, but when I click 'Update' it just says 'Building Account' and never seems to do anything after that...

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Did mine come through as being from here? My account starts cb2 (I won't put the rest of my e-mail here to avoid spammers).
      Yep, we got you. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        I'm in too. I did not think too much about optimal strategy here (P vs hitters, etc) but it seems like the winners will likely be those that gambled and loaded up on one (or three) guys and got lucking with that guy having a great game. The daily basis of this makes it much more prone to chance and unpredictability. But sure, what the hey.

Also, I signed up but was trying to change my username so people here would recognize it, but when I click 'Update' it just says 'Building Account' and never seems to do anything after that...
        Interesting, it may be a bug with our new design. We'll look into it right now, sorry about that.

Comment

Can you post who on RJ has entered tonight and if possible, who we picked? That would be cool. Either way, thanks.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Your Portfolio:
            Player Price Shares
            Howie Kendrick $5,926 1
            Carlos Beltran $7,460 1
            Adrian Beltre $6,834 1
            Josh Johnson $36,364 1
            Josh Reddick $5,346 1
            Edwin Encarnacion $6,677 1
            Adam Jones $6,768 1
            Jason Hammel $24,582 1

And I think I'm up against swampdragon.
            Last edited by SlideRule; 05-25-2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I agree with SlideRule's analysis, at least if you're competing against a large group of people rather than an actual 1 on 1.

I took 9x Carlos Ruiz, 4x Carlos Beltran, 3x Albert Pujols. My opponent (last1in, if that's one of you) has something that looks like an actual lineup.

- Mike
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                I agree with SlideRule's analysis, at least if you're competing against a large group of people rather than an actual 1 on 1.

I took 9x Carlos Ruiz, 4x Carlos Beltran, 3x Albert Pujols. My opponent (last1in, if that's one of you) has something that looks like an actual lineup.

- Mike
                Thats me Mike. Didnt realize we could do it that way but no biggie. Good luck.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                  Your Portfolio:
                  Player Price Shares
                  Howie Kendrick $5,926 1
                  Carlos Beltran $7,460 1
                  Adrian Beltre $6,834 1
                  Josh Johnson $36,364 1
                  Josh Reddick $5,346 1
                  Edwin Encarnacion $6,677 1
                  Adam Jones $6,768 1
                  Jason Hammel $24,582 1

And I think I'm up against swampdragon.
                  you are - and since I only picked one pitcher and it is Hammel things dont look good for me - unless there is negative scoring and Johnson get shellacked
                  but then again maybe I should have read the rules

How many non rj people are currently playing tonight - or was this posted on other forums

Comment

Adam Jones x 8, Castro x 4, Infante x 4

73 total
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Bautista $9129 x 2
                      Votto 8622 x 2
                      Miggy 8162 x 2
                      Ethier 7342 x 2
                      Kipnis 6456 x 2
                      Smyly 20000 x 1

Comment

44 something total. My team sucked

Comment

I got crushed by Hammer. Pujols hit one out, Ruiz at least had a double, and Beltran was 0 for 5. That's variance for ya.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I got 61.5 with Hammel, Adam Jones, Ortiz and Smyly...guess not good enough to beat DMT. I think the strategy is get lucky with as few players as possible while including at least 2 SP. The guy I played had like 15 players...not sure that's a good way to limit your risk.

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to first say thanks so much for playing. We had 14 people enter a team last night and you guys showed just how much you know about fantasy baseball, even though you had never played daily fantasy on our site before. Overall, you guys went 10-5 on the night, which is pretty impressive.

It was a tight race among 14 people who entered a team last night. The winner was jasonmalfait, who put up 73 points, just ahead of heyelander who put 70.75. But since it was such a close finish, we are going to give $25 to both guys. So congrats guys, the money is in your accounts! Feel free to withdraw if you'd like, or keep playing if you enjoyed your experience.

Below are the winning teams as well as the full standings. If you want to look at anyone's team, just go to the url "www.starstreet.com/trader/" and put the users name at the end. Hope you all enjoyed playing!

User Score
                              1 jasonmalfait 73.00
                              2 heyelander 70.75
                              3 johnfranco 67.00
                              4 miked322 61.50
                              5 last1in 57.75
                              6 magseven 55.00
                              7 swampdraggin 54.75
                              8 tomnichols02 48.75
                              9 cb20234 44.00
                              10 scott6thompson 40.75
                              11 mjlewis 40.75
                              12 josephhthomas 36.50
                              13 jasoncollette 20.00

StarStreet jasonmalfait.jpg StarStreet heyelander.jpg

Comment

LAST PLACE??? I demand a recount!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X