No announcement yet.

2k12: Josh Reddick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a mammoth May, he's come back to earth...8 HR and 23 RBI in his last 47 games, but he's had a .280 BA with it. He seems like a solid 25-28 HR guy (though he'll hit more this year) who will struggle to drive in runs with his .183 career RISP avg.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
      After a mammoth May, he's come back to earth...8 HR and 23 RBI in his last 47 games, but he's had a .280 BA with it. He seems like a solid 25-28 HR guy (though he'll hit more this year) who will struggle to drive in runs with his .183 career RISP avg.
      AVG with RISP is not a repeatable skill historically, so I doubt that that is anything worth worrying about long-term with Reddick.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        AVG with RISP is not a repeatable skill historically, so I doubt that that is anything worth worrying about long-term with Reddick.
        Except that he has historically struggled with RISP. He's never had a good BA with RISP>

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
          Except that he has historically struggled with RISP. He's never had a good BA with RISP>
          He's had a total of 220 plate appearances in his career with runners in scoring position, not a large enough sample to be meaningful. Given that only a handful of players in major league history with reasonably long careers have ever had an OPS with runners in scoring position that was more than 20% under or 20% over their overall OPS, I'd say he's likely due for a regression to his mean rather than continuing to hit 47% worse than overall with runners in scoring position.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Dude just flat out sucks lately. Will he start producing or continue to suck? My bet is he sucks.
            #24 with a bullet, and 3 more RBIs to go with it. Those who held have been sufficiently rewarded. Those who don't know the meaning of the word "streaky" hopefully didn't get undersold.

Comment

Working...
            X